• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Waldo - A. aculeatus

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Ordered it from LiveAquaria acclimating to the 125 gallon right now.

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
This guy is very cool! I gave it a cofee mug to hide in which it did and now it is just sitting there and staring out the top of the mug observing me observing him.

pH was 7.8 and it is dripping inside of a 5 gallon bucket. I started the drip at 11:50

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
pretty small! It is in a Coffee mug right now. The acclimation was done I let it drip for 2 hours in a five gallon bucket. so now the little one is hiding in a the coffee mug in the main tank.

SabrinaR

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Registered
I wanted to ask what octos come from Indonisia? I was tempted to order one from them but not knowing the kind I was a little worried.

Lmecher

Registered
:welcome: little noname!
Congrats Dave, that is a great looking little guy. Can't wait to see more.
Thats one way to help the healing process :coffee:

Neogonodactylus

Haliphron Atlanticus
Staff member
Live Aquaria has been shipping a ton of Abdopus the past couple of weeks. We got three and I saw several others that people have purchased. Must be good weather for collectors. There are also O. bocki, macropus, and even wunderpus coming in from the Philippines. Might be part of an economic stimulus plan.

Roy

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I'm editing video now, but it's taking a bit cause its HD and files are much larger than i used to deal with. I hope to get some online tonight.

Noname crept out of the coffee mug now I get to play where's waldo....waldo...hmmmm possible name if its a male.

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Sooo tempting to order one (Puddles was one of their Indos - you never know which they will send under that heading and I had expected aculeatus) but if any of Kooah's eggs make it, I will need the thank ...

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
its not much but here it is

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
I am about to post an eggbrooding video and returned here to chastise you since I saw this was posted an hour ago but I see Linda's prompt got you to post it before I beat you to it :sagrin:

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
RATTFISH;154744 said:
Awesome bro :) I can't wait for more updates.

BTW, guess who ;)
Ratt! whats up DUDE!

Lmecher

Registered
Very cute little octopus. Love the :coffee: shot. No octopus video is "not much", always enjoy them :wink:

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Doing well. So far it has chosen the same den Legs was in when she was about the same size. I haven't seen it exploring yet so I'm sure its just settling in.

sedna

Staff member
Congrats! I love abdopuses! They have consistently been my favorite octos, they are beautiful, personable, diurnal- I think the perfect octos. It's so heartbreaking to know there's nothing to do to raise their babies! Good luck with your new friend!

Members online

No members online now.