Tonmocon I

Status
Not open for further replies.
So cool that it will be in Boston...
Just wanted to add another voice of support for postponing in until later this year. I'm hoping to combine it with a research trip and April's a little soon...

:thumbsup:

That's settled - I'll call the aquarium tomorrow. This will give us some time to convince some muckety mucks somewhere that this is a great opportunity and they should seize it!

If my plans go well, I still have to go to Boston to research the restaurants before April. :smile:

Melissa

Um,

The Hippo, with his heat-retaining mass, is arguably better suited to Boston's current temperature than the thin-but-wiry Clem.

Melissa, that sweet new Mesonychoteuthis model that Steve has would make quite a splash if, say, it were to appear among the swan boats in Boston Common.

:twisted:

Clem

actually, ive already found one i want to hit.... Ming Tsai has one in the boston area called Blue Ginger, but i think its in Wellsley, thats quasi close right TTF?

While Hippos do retain heat well, when was the last time you saw one in subfreezing temps? (in the wild, for all you of quick mouth)

I agree... itd be nice if a Squid would terrorize the town for a day or two...

I think that the local authorities would put 2 and 2 together rather fast though...Tonmocon and a sudden appearance of giant squid (s)...
Melissa, you are fantastic! Good luck with everything! :notworth:
Greg

Summer?

Tintenfisch said:
So cool that it will be in Boston...
Just wanted to add another voice of support for postponing in until later this year. I'm hoping to combine it with a research trip and April's a little soon...

:thumbsup:

I don't suppose this means you are waiting till I get there in November?
I can be a celeb!

More time to make the badges is fine by me.

KRin

We haven't even looked at the calendar for August yet, so anything is possible. But it really depends more on Steve's schedule than anyone else's. After trying to pin down dates the first time, I think he's the busiest TONMOer if not the busiest person in all New Zealand.

Melissa

hey all, I went to the baltimore aquarium just a few day's ago, I must say it's a great event, they have like this 3d documentary movie and it was great, but unfortunately I forgot what it's called, its sorta like IMAX theater's in case anyone knows what it is. There are many places to go to around the baltimore aquarium, hard rock cafe, a HUGE barnes&noble bookstore, many local grub stops, hehe and malls--I think it's 2 of them which connect together snd one lead's you to a hotel. There is also a huge port with this gigantic ship at dock, very cool! There is a huge and beautiful restaurant less than a block away with many aqautic decoration's, indeed a must see place!
Also is there a schedule of some sort set up, melissa if you be so kind to pm me a week or two before you have everything planned out I would be most grateful so I can schedule ahead to take a few day's off from work and school. try to keep us updated mel. :smile:
-dave

So, any updates on tonmocon I?
Is it a for sure thing that it will be held this summer or it's still not a certain thing?
I and probably a few other's need to know the schedule ahead of time, that way I can plan out everything and take a few days off from work and school. :smile:
Oh boy, Im real excited, more than seeing steve's sequel on discovery channel to show this march I think, j/k Im more excited for this lol... :oshea: :squidaut:

Hi Dave

I'm excited for TONMOcon, too, but there's no news. We'll go over the dates when Steve O and Tony and other luminaries can make it and then it's time to find out what dates are possible with the venues. I'm betting sometime in the fall.

Melissa

Hi Dave

It looks like I will be away for a few months (away from home, but not from work or TONMO) so autumn would be the earliest time. Steve's schedule needs to be sorted before we start talking about dates. I'm sorry for delays, but we're making sure it will be a good time for all who attend.

Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back