Tonmocon I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Convention attendence

tonmo said:
All, please note that for technical reasons not worth getting into, I needed to delete the TONMO.com Groupies Usergroup... As of now, the list of members tentatively planning to attend are as follows. If you're not on the list but plan to come, just let us know by replying here, thanks!
I actually won't be physically at the convention as I'm not travelling until October-Nov next year. I will be sending one of my toy squids to attend on my behalf. I also want to help in any way I can from this distance. I still want to make the con badges.

KRin

Hi Carol

We're working on dates, it looks like early April or mid-May in the northeastern US. Does sound possible for you? We're still talking with aquariums, and one person we need on this is in Japan for another week! When he returns, we can be more definite. Sorry to be so shy about the details but they're just not concrete enough to say "save the date!"

Melissa

Melissa said:
Hi Carol

We're working on dates, it looks like early April or mid-May in the northeastern US. Does sound possible for you? We're still talking with aquariums, and one person we need on this is in Japan for another week! When he returns, we can be more definite. Sorry to be so shy about the details but they're just not concrete enough to say "save the date!"

Melissa
M, I beleive you mean northwestern U.S. :biggrin2:

We'd love everyone to bring their families! My mother and my 8 year old nephew, Darth Evan, will come with me.

How does April 2 - 4 sound to everyone? What do you all think of Boston? Nothing is definite, but it's getting closer. So don't buy your plane tickets yet, but you might consider clearing your calendar for those days...

Melissa

Yesssss.... Already put in for timeoff from work and have a babysitter for the weekend!!! But... Now I'm wondering if we should bring Jess...There would be enough to keep a very precocious 6 year old busy???

Carol

Hi Carol

I'm sure the New England Aquarium would have plenty to amuse Jess. Some of TONMOcon will probably go over her head. I expect some of the info imparted by Steve O and Kat to go over my head. Tony plans on bringing his children. So while I would not be able to plan something parallel that was geared toward little ones, there could be enough children to merit thinking about that.

Would you regret any limitations on your time to spend with other TONMOcon attendees? In all honesty, I probably wouldn't bring my nephew without another adult, even though I know he'll be very, very interested. But that probably says more about me than TONMOcon or my nephew.

Melissa

Melissa said:
I expect some of the info imparted by Steve O and Kat to go over my head.

... no danger of that, at least from me :mrgreen: Coz I don't know many big words I resort to facial expressions (that nobody can understand) and poking fun at the audience. Kat knows heaps of big words', and where to put apos'trophe's in those words' so that people' ca'n under'stand (fortunately one need not worry about such matters in spoken English 8) ).

Actually, if we go to Boston, I'm not sure whether my family will be attendance or not... If they do, they'll likely be doing other things for at least some of the time...

Yes! April 2-4 sounds great 'cause it probably coincides with our Evan's Easter vacation (Darth Evan? I love it!), and of course he will be joining Richard and me at TONMOcon. Richard is a retired high school biology teacher with an interest in nature photography and evolution, so there will be plenty to hold his interest. As for 15-year-old Evan, he is more inclined towards business, finance, politics, and history, but I think he'll have fun because of the good company and the fact that Boston is reputed to have kick-ass pizza. Besides, he's anxious to meet Steve-O' who he is convinced is a figment of my imagination (despite, or perhaps because of, seeing photos of him in the curly blonde wig).

:lol:

Tani, I'm really glad you can make it! I wondered whether anyone would bow out because April 4 is palm Sunday, but the fact that it is Easter/Passover/spring break for a number of schools is terrific.

I bet your Evan would love the Science Center in Boston, if he could be torn away from TONMOcon.

Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back