Tonmocon I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jean said:
Hope you're all going to post heaps from the con on the site! cos ANY coast in the US is too far away for this Antipodean :cry: Unless I win Lotto ...of course :lol:

J
It's a personal promise Jean. It's our loss that you won't be there! But good luck with the Lotto! :yinyang:

Jean said:
Hope you're all going to post heaps from the con on the site! cos ANY coast in the US is too far away for this Antipodean :cry: Unless I win Lotto ...of course :lol:

J

I know exactly what you mean, Jean. It's so far and expensive for me too, more's the pity.

:frown:

Ohh! i know! there's this really good game i have called Celtic Kings:rage of war
we could have a big online tornament and the winner decides where to go!

if not, we could play oonline monopoly or flip a coin: heads; baltimore
tails; San Francisco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :biggrin2: :o :cyclops: :notworth: :talker: :yinyang: :wink: :lol: 8) :idea: :yinyang: :madsci: :sly: :boat: :popcorn: :cthulhu: :headphon: :nautilus: :octopus: :squid: :meso: :cheers: :party: :snorkel: :twocents: :heart: :elvis: :thumbsup: :usa: :sun: :glass: :spongebo: :goldfish: :roflmao: :tomato: :beer: :police: :read: :band: :wine: :wine: :tentacle: :tentacle: :oshea: :periscop: :welcome: :coffee: :arr: :nautiloi: :vampyro: :bluering:

tonmo said:
o.vulgaris said:
I'm sure there will be plenty of pics here, surely it will be on: http://www.tonmo.com/tonmcon1(example)
Uh... I don't know where the pictures will go yet, but it will be well-publicized...

Also, no plans to sell TONMO.com apparel at this point...

And did I mention that we have not yet decided on a location?

Hang tight, O.! :smile:
tony I bet you that some magazine, newsletter will publish it--I mean all ceph fanatics in the same place. hopefully all staff will be there, lol. :smile:
hmm, tonmocon apparel, too cool for me hehe.

HOLD EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just thought of the master plan! :biggrin2: We go to monterey And Jared can arrange everything. The members get all non-members attending in as guests, all others get in free though Jared because he said he worked there. we all pitch in and have a big tonmo dinner in the dining room like buisness partys do. we can probably, at somepoint reeserve the ceph exibit JUST FOR US!!! i even thoughtr up great id card for us.

it is:

Hello my screen name is supernick but my real
is Nicholas! Tony can arrange that and the rst is in Jared's hands!

we'r counting on you! :notworth: :notworth: :mrgreen:

Hello Nicholas

What you describe is not that far off from what I'm doing: I'm calling the aquariums, saying "TONMO would like to have a meeting, a few lectures, a tour, and we expect approximately N people from TONMO but are happy to have the public in on this too" and so on. I'm asking about group rates, room reservations and rentals, and even catering. Then we have to compare what dates work for them with what dates work for us.

The exhibit organizers and curators are really interesting and enthusiastic. They'll make things go well, too, and I'll try to set up a tour with someone at the aquarium for us.

Sorry to bore you with these details - but maybe some of you will feel less out of the loop knowing what stage we are at organizing TONMOcon.

Melissa

Let me clarify here that no one should be calling any aquariums or any other facilities on behalf of TONMO.com or this initiative, except for Melissa and any designates. Thanks!

:heee:

All, please note that for technical reasons not worth getting into, I needed to delete the TONMO.com Groupies Usergroup... As of now, the list of members tentatively planning to attend are as follows. If you're not on the list but plan to come, just let us know by replying here, thanks!

tonmo
AK-Dave
cephlamaniac
Colin
corw314
cthulhu77
Girlsquid
joel_ang
krin
Melissa
Nancy
o.vulgaris
Sedusa
Steve O'Shea
TaningiaDanae
Tintenfisch
WhiteKiboko

Errrm... sorry but i cn only make it if it a west coast thing :oops:
but if so, COUNT ME IN!!! :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

would the "funds" John is talking about be airplane tickets and extra for meal?

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back