Squid and Octopus spotting

Just started playing this game, RAGE. This caught my eye. (sorry for the poor quality. Alas I have no TV tuner.)

Attachments

• conv_298657.jpg
    conv_298657.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
So for the sake of those of you who have never seen Epic Meal Time, I'm not linking it. For those unfortunate enough to be entertained by these culinary atrocities, the most recent episode featured squid and octopus.

Not really the place to ask (lol), but did you like Rage? It seems like everything I've heard about it has been pretty negative.

Anyways, at least the octos on EMT were already dead. I'd have issues with it if they weren't. A while back someone here posted a story about how they were killing live octos on Fear Factor or some other lame show, simply for the 'ick' factor. Just because cephs aren't dogs or cats doesn't mean they shouldn't be treated with the same respect.

Out of an attempt to stay on topic I just sent you a pm.

If anyone else is interested you can pm and I'll send you a copy of the pm (this doesn't exactly seem like a gaming community so I didn't bother making a post.)

No worries, it's always best to stay on topic.

There aren't many people here who are gamers, but that's fine because there are a million other forums for that. That said the few of us who do game provide a good service. I mean, who else would find and post the most obscure ceph references in today's games? :razz:

One of my co-workers recently assisted with some research with brief squid near Port Aransas, TX and said that you can find loads of the little buggers near the Ferry port on Port Aransas. I was planing on buying a seine, and going down to Rockport and Port A. this summer to collect a few syngnathids, some assorted mollusks and crustaceans, and possibly a few small fish blown in from the Caribbean. I might just try to see if I can catch a few squid and maybe an octopus while I'm at it. I'll be sure to take pictures if I find anything.

Dang Skywind, where do you find those beautiful films? All I come across is a couple crappy 240p vids of useless powerpoints(Sorry if that was a little cold). Here's a vid I found of a footage of when a LIVING colossal squid was caught.(I'm sure most of you have come across some pictures on the internet related to this event). For so long I thought they weren't legit.

I just get lucky I guess. I do a lot of random searches with small modifications. I've seen a few documentaries showing that footage. I know it may seem a bit morbid, but everytime I see the close up of the beak and the arms wrapping around that pole I wounder what it would feel like(all senses, including pain) to be ensnared in it's grasp as if in some syfy horror film, being eaten alive. It's mind blowing to see such a creature alive. You hear the word squid and you think of small stir fried treats, not something capable of ripping you limb from limb.

Yes sometimes I agree when I see the nasty feeder tentacles on the squid. I've thought the descriptions of these pointy claw thingys in the tentacles were tall tales.

If your wondering what has become of this specimen, don't worry. This massive success in collecting the Colossal Squid is stilled preserved New Zealand and about to be shipped to a display for the public. Even though this collection is surely not wasted I do realize, catching the squid was a but cruel. And also don't forget how much cephalopods relies on the sense of touch. The pain felt by this squid must have been enormous when those spears and hooks mangled it's soft bodied flesh.

Take a look at the claw things I was talking about at 0:43 in the video

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back