Squid and Octopus spotting

CaptFish;166113 said:
New energizer commercial with an octopus. I love it!

This is an awesome commercial, and perhaps not entirely fictional. Ever notice how many divers have had their photographic equipment stolen by Octos or Humboldts over the years? Unless the cephs have been setting up eBay stores under human-sounding aliases, they must be doing something with all that stuff down there. So maybe, just maybe.... :hmm:

dwhatley;167391 said:
According to the comments this is at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I wonder if any of our brethren are responsible :wink:

I wouldn't be surprised -- a couple of the commentators indicated that it was a deliberate double-entendre on the part of the MBA staff. I imagine that sign has become a popular photo-op for Aquarium visitors!

Anyway, it elicited some of the best comments I've ever seen on the FailBlog site.... especially the ones that refer to a certain Hokusai print and the (in)famous hentai trope it presumably inspired. :mrgreen:

The Man Who Came To Dinner.

Didn't watch this but as I was flipping channels, some geezer was pleased at the delivery of an octopus. Said geezer was pleased and had hopes for intelligent conversation.

Funny ceph pics

I was just randomly searchnig just now and came across alot of funny ceph pics, so I'm starting this thread so everyone can post funny pictures, videos, or what ever of cephs. I'm not sure if this is the right place to put ths thread, but if not please move it accordingly.

Octopus Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock
http://www.animationarchive.org/pics/basil2c-big.jpg
Octopus Cartoon to Bring a Smile to Your Face
http://www.savagechickens.com/2007/08/shell-game.html
Welcome vi.sualize.us - BlueHost.com

I have more but its getting late. I hope more are posted. I enjoy a good laugh.

Was playing Crysis 2 and came across an Octo in a tank:

crysis22011032305000909.png

Full size > http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/254/crysis22011032305000909.png

crysis22011032304593915.png

Full size > http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/8849/crysis22011032304593915.png

Looks like a O. Vulgaris to me :razz:

Oh and it may not look like it, but it does have 8 arms :lol:

Nope it just floats around in its tank. It serves as a loose reference to one of the antagonists in the game, a race of aliens called the 'Cephs' who are somewhat similar to cephalopods. It also gives you something to look at while the character in the background of the first pic goes on a small narrative. The downside is that you are hiding with him in his apartment from a group of soldiers looking for you, and they end up surprising you by shooting a round through a window which smashes the tank that the octo is in. The octo simply vanishes, and I was left with my jaw hanging from surprise. The devs obviously made the octo something that you would focus on so when the soldiers attack it would totally catch you off guard. Needless to say the poor octo was avenged :razz:

SgS180;174623 said:
Nope it just floats around in its tank. It serves as a loose reference to one of the antagonists in the game, a race of aliens called the 'Cephs' who are somewhat similar to cephalopods. It also gives you something to look at while the character in the background of the first pic goes on a small narrative. The downside is that you are hiding with him in his apartment from a group of soldiers looking for you, and they end up surprising you by shooting a round through a window which smashes the tank that the octo is in.
As the writer of a book titled Octans War, I'm amused by the description. (No, friend D, it's not done yet.)

The expression "his apartment" suggests that he's sentient, rather than a pet. But not a "ceph" himself, hmm?

I had not seen this Nike ad video before -- impressive statue!

I should have been more clear, as "his apartment" refers to the character in the background of the first pic and not the octo. The character(who is a scientist) was keeping the octo for research as it is similar in genetic makeup to the alien cephs. Also, by "octo simply vanishes" I meant that there was no body or remains left over from the tank exploding. I didn't mean to insinuate that it had any special powers :lol:

And the "cephs" look like this:

Ceph.png

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back