Sources in the UK

Discussion in 'Sources for Cephalopods and Food' started by devi, May 16, 2011.

1. devi

devi Blue Ring Registered

I've been hunting all over for a dwarf octopus and found vulgaris, wonderpus, and blue ring, along with the usual 'octopus sp.', which cud frankly be anything.
    I've ordered one of the randoms, but I know it's unlikely to be a dwarf. Has anyone else got any other ideas?
    I'm in the midlands but would be perfectly happy if anyone knew somewhere that delivers.

2. Ljk

Ljk Pygmy Octopus Registered

There is a place in Stoke on Trent that only does marine and he stocks octopus and he is able to source different specimen called mac aquatics give him a try were in the midlands are you?

3. devi

devi Blue Ring Registered

Do you have any idea of a website for them? I can't find anything online. I'm in Birmingham so closer the better, but I could be persuaded to go to Stoke for a Mercatoris, Joubini or similar if it's ID'd.

4. Ljk

Ljk Pygmy Octopus Registered

i dont have a web address for them sorry but if i can find one or a number ill pop it on here for you good luck :)

5. Neogonodactylus

Neogonodactylus Haliphron Atlanticus Staff Member Moderator

It is highly unlikely that you will get a Caribbean octopus in England. More likely you would find an Indo-Pacific species such as O. bocki.