Socktopuses

:feet:

supernick said:
(any body see Master and Commander? its the BEST)

Yeah? Have you read any of the books? The movie looks pretty good, and I've heard good stuff about it, but I'd like to know how faithful it is as an adaptation.

:boat:

supernick said:
joel_ang said:
Who dared to take the 2nd option :x Ye shall die :twisted:
well, sucks for me! :lol:

and then said:
YOU CALL'IN ME A SILLY BUGGAH? BOY?

YOU WANNA STEP OUTSIDE AND GIVE ME YOUR IM????

HUH? HUH? HUH????

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :evil:

I was calling the people who chose the 3rd option, frivolous button pushing, 'silly buggahs'. I thought you said you chose the 2nd option, which makes you (perhaps) a sensible buggah, but no damned fun.

:P

(I fight real dirty, by the way.)

:smile:

:nofeet: I turn around for a minute to call some aquariums about TONMOcon and look what happens! There aren't even socktopuses in this thread anymore. :oops: :nofeet:

But the aquariums were good to us, and next week I suspect we'll have real information about TONMOcon! :mrgreen:

Melissa

Melissa said:
:nofeet: I turn around for a minute to call some aquariums about TONMOcon and look what happens! There aren't even socktopuses in this thread anymore. :oops: :nofeet:

But the aquariums were good to us, and next week I suspect we'll have real information about TONMOcon! :mrgreen:

Melissa

Sweet. :biggrin2:

There will be socktopus stuff here, soon. Or at least vaguely socktopus-related attempts at 'humour'. :roll:

supernick started it

:oops:

It's not a socktopus but........check out this neat beaded octopus necklace made by a woman in christchurch :kiwiflag:

http://www.rbrown.co.nz

Click on bead art, then on the pic of "the guardian" for a larger view. Also her Jurassic Garden necklace has a fossil Ammonite Cabochon on it!

Her Portuguese Man O War is cool too!! I haven't been brave enough to contact her to find out how much these are yet! But POA is usually means I can't afford it!

J

This is one of the most magnificent beaded pieces I have ever seen, and I concur with Jean that I wish I could buy it but probably couldn't afford it.

I think 200 hours is incredibly fast for a work of this nature. I am a beginning beader, but I cannot work with seed beads or bead embroidery because the tiny size and exacting details are just impossible for me to handle.

I think it is very significant that she chose the name "The Guardian" -- it must mean that the Octo is a sort of totem to her, as Cephs in general are to me. (She herself mentioned that the subject has a special meaning for her.) It is also reminiscent of that wonderful David Delamare painting "Guardian of the Nereid" (of which Tony and I have prints), featuring a mermaid in the protective embrace of an Octo.

http://www.daviddelamare.com/guard.html

Tani
The Brooklyn Wanna-Beader

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back