• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Shipping Octopus!!!

MDL1113

Cuttlefish
Registered
Ok I have a few questions on Shipping Bimac or any Octopus in general. How is it done? I know that they should be shipped in a sturdy bag (or double bagged) with oxygen. What kind of oxygen? How much water do they need depending any given size. For example I would guess that a large one (3" mantle, 12" arms) would need at least two gallons? Can smaller octopus be shipped in a smaller volume of water? How much water per inch of mantle? Should a shipper not feed the octopus for two or three days, so that they will have time to excrete any recently eaten food, and have an empty digestive system for the trip. What all should be done for the safest delivery and what service is the cheapest and best to ship across North America overnight?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back