S. bandensis at the California Academy of Sciences

LOVE THIS THREAD/JOURNAL!!! PLEASE THALES... Keep updating pending time and "new" news!! Genius's at work!!!! I get so much from all of you guys, i feel like im back in school even though im on break.... short little piece of info about myself, I was originally going to school to major in Marine Biology and minor in Zoology... and now im Pre-Med to be a Doctor(Oncology). But trust me, it is the back up plan, or an early retirement plan :wink: Hahahaha!! Maybe retire early and buy a boat and sail the ocean blue! What do you think? Or possibly have a job like Thales when im at retirement age if this Dr. scene works out! HAHA

Dont give up!! Never! Im sure thing will come around for you! :smile: I have so many worries about getting started and having my 1st experience with them. You guys make it look so easy haha. I jsut am constantly wondering how many will not survive in my hands :frown:, because of something small i am not conditioned to, or that something will go horribly wrong.

Linda, one of the good things about setting up an octopus tank as a first ceph tank is that it needs no modifications for cuttlefish. However, getting them through the first month and on to larger food requires a lot of time and money where the octos are usually past that stage when we get them.

There are currently 10 teenage S. bandensis on show, along with 16 or so hatchlings and eggs. There is one breeding pair back of house along with 16 juvies that are offspring of animals that we sent to Birch last year. Fun!

Do you sell them or give them away. I was just at the Newport Aquarium in KY and they don't have cuttlefish anymore at this time but are trying to get some. The did the egg thing but non of them survived. I think they might be interested and I hate to think that people don't get to see them when they go a main aquarium like that. Newport Aquarium (Scott Brehop) 859-815-1402. What kind are they?

Mike Bauer;173996 said:
Do you sell them or give them away. I was just at the Newport Aquarium in KY and they don't have cuttlefish anymore at this time but are trying to get some. The did the egg thing but non of them survived. I think they might be interested and I hate to think that people don't get to see them when they go a main aquarium like that. Newport Aquarium (Scott Brehop) 859-815-1402. What kind are they?

If a public aquarium in interested, they can get ahold of me through aquatic info or they can reach me at [email protected]. :biggrin2:

I passed your information on to Scott at the aquarium.

So do you do this as research like the research center in Texas? You site name makes it sound like you are a ceph farm.

Thanks
Mke

Mike Bauer;174126 said:
I passed your information on to Scott at the aquarium.

So do you do this as research like the research center in Texas? You site name makes it sound like you are a ceph farm.

Thanks
Mke

Great. The Steinhart Aquarium in the California Academy of Sciences is where I work. Daisy Hill is one of my personal websites. I did Daisy Hill before Steinhart and now I do most of my ceph work at the Aquarium. Sorry for the confusion.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back