Poe Poe - O. hummelincki

When it comes to eyes, El Diablo had the sweetest. Poe Poe has itty bitty little eyes.
She is still scared but today she was on the back wall and came to the front glass where I was. I put my hand to the glass and she didn't run away as usual. I don't think there will be enough time to develope a repore with her however, maybe only a tolerence for my presents.

She is still comming out of her den, no sign of brooding. I cleaned the glass for thee first time with her in the tank. When is got close to her den, she reached out with an arm and grabbed me. She then extended several more and pulled rather hard then let go. I was suprised. I then finsihed up with the magfloat she kept grabbing at it but never made contact. It seemed as if the way she reacted to the magfloat was defensive. I am not sure about the hand grab. If it upset her, I would have expected her to push me away instead of pulling me towards her. I dangled a thawed piece of shrimp near her den, she took it. First time she took shrimp, progress :biggrin2:
I have noticed quite a bit of regrowth on her amputated arms. I am going to be watching to see if maybe I got the sex wrong.

SabrinaR;171209 said:
Yay for progress!

When Isis would grab me I am very sure it was to bite. I miss her.

I am glad that your daughter has started a journal. Mother and daughter bonding.. over octopus... who would have thunk it. :roflmao:

She has not started a journal yet, tomorrow after school maybe. We expect her octopus tomorrow morning. It is going down to 18 degrees tonight so keep your :fingerscrossed: that it arrives in good shape. We are bringing her home at lunch time so she can be part of the acclimation process. It is too bad she cannot be here to acclimate it herself but I am not willing to wait. It's health and safety come first. She is so excited and can't wait. As D suggested, we looked over a couple journals to get her familiar with the basic format. You are right, would have never thunk I would be bonding with her over an octopus.
Sabrina...I am setting an example for you to follow some day soon with yours :wink:

It is funny how as soon as I make a decision, Poe makes a lair out of me. :roll: She was out near lunchtime, took me by surprise. I fed her a scallop, she took it then pushed it out of the den. I dropped in a fiddler, she grabbed it and dragged it in.

I keep saying I am going to post the opposite of what I expect when things appear negative just so they WILL make a liar out of me. I have been told they don't read our posts but Neal thinks they have built in wi-fi :biggrin2:

Poe was out of her den this evening. I just got a quick glimpse of her as I entered the kitchen. I was excited and fed her shrimp. She grabbed it right away. I cannot see into her den so have no idea if she has eggs. :-/

I was afraid that is what you were posting when I saw a new entry on her thread. Cassy's mantle is getting so big that I am anticipating going down this route soon.

Thanks
Here is her last photo. I didn't take time to find a ruler, she was beginning to decompose. It was not pleasant.
Her mantle was just about 2" arms (intact) appx. 6".

:goodbye: little Poe

DSCN2159.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back