Poe Poe - O. hummelincki

The router is better anyway so no biggie.
Oh my goodness, it sounds like a satanic worship ritual is going on in the background. Actually TV in the other room, but creepy.
Sorry everyone all I can say is OOPS!
You should see how I look in the night vision, my eyes and (dark) hair look white. I look like a witch, I scare myself!
You can see how great having this camera is, will come in handy with a nocturnal octopus. For a while there Poe was active day and night.

CaptFish;170900 said:
unfortunately they are small egged. If they were large egged they would be best! well, for aquarium anyway.

I agree. I noticed when I looked at the list D and Roy posted the other day that most if not all nocturnal octos are large egged and diurnal octopuses are small egged, with exception being dwarf octopuses which I know very little about. Its such a shame. The only one that I know of that can be "trained" to come out during the day is O.briareus.

We had an interesting evening. I checked Poe's den, hated to disturb her but had decided if there were no eggs, I would move her to a smaller tank, I am expecting an O. briareus on Tuesday. No eggs :smile: I was worried as to how I'd get her into a container. She was most cooperative, it took about 2 minutes for her to climb in the waiting container. Easy peasy, what a relief. She is now in my 50. She quickly found the old den used by Ollie and Diablo. I got a couple shots to be uploaded later.
This morning she was out exploring on the rocks, I thew in a fiddler which she pounce on immediately. She is excavating her den and collecting shells I threw in for her. She seems to be alright considering I ripped her from her home. Poor little thing but it was best for all. This tank is appropriate for her size and will save me the hastle of moving the new one later.
As always keeping my :fingerscrossed:

Oh man dont get me started! After Pen and his rearranging, I had to redo all my rocks in the 125 and it took hours before I liked it...I think I like it....yeah its good.

Me placing rocks:
This rock should go here...no wait that one goes there...no, wait I need room for that other one to go somewhere....but that one has to hold this one...and this one Need to be under that one....where'd this one come from?! I've even seen this one....oh heck I give up!....just heave em in there...

Our tanks must be similar in dimetions...deep. I have to stand on a step ladder and it's difficult to see what I'm doing. I am in to my arm pit. I move a rock, dry off, step down, look, it's wrong, back up ladder, move it again, over and over and over. :banghead:
I hate my rocks some too small or odd shaped, is it too much to ask to have them stable and look good at the same time? Well alright, I will settle for it looking like NOT a pile of rocks ready to tumble.
It is nice to know I am not the only one with this disability. I know D says she is challenged but her tanks look pretty darn good.
Back to the rock pile again. :sad:

Photos of Poe, just released in new tank.

DSCN1902.jpg

DSCN1900.jpg

DSCN1894.jpg

DSCN1907.jpg

This morning just after I gave her a crab.

DSCN1908.jpg

DSCN1911.jpg

DSCN1913.jpg

DSCN1915.jpg

For some reason octopus transfer seems to be easy (at least for diurnal species). I really can't think of a journal where the octo acted up and refused to come out now that I think about it.

PoePoe is a cutie. I am hoping against hope she is not going the normal route.

Poe Poe has been awake most of the day. I would catch her watching me from her den. She was doing a lot of exploring, checking out her new tank. I think the move may had delayed brooding, for how long?? At least I get to see more of her.ot Just checked and she is on the glass. I walked by and she shot over to the rockwork and did her "I am a rock" pose. She is very cute.

I think one of the things I like best about octopuses is their eyes (except briareus because not much beats their webbing) and O.hummelincki seem exeptionally expressive when you have their attention.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back