Ordovician in Tennessee (Help!)

This gastropod is probably a better example (than the ones I posted), closer species (?) to the fractured one. Makes more sense in comparison.

Attachments

• conv_298853.jpg
    conv_298853.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 91
  • conv_298854.jpg
    conv_298854.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 82
Here's a couple different views of the B.C.(?) in post #496, this is after acid. The matrix sizzled, I figured it would being limestone. I didn't have a dropper so I tried using a little brush to put a drop on the fossil, ended up getting it all over (the fossil), it sizzled too but there were streaks of matrix on the fossil so, in answer to if it's silicified, I don't know..too much sizzling going on, including a spot on my finger, finger didn't really sizzle though, just ate through a couple layers of skin, ouch. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• conv_298862.jpg
    conv_298862.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 79
  • conv_298863.jpg
    conv_298863.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 104
Well, what do you see? It's a tiny little thing, hard to get better pictures but I'll try again tommorrow. Do you think there's enough there to get close at all to an id.?

I don't know if this helps any but the only other decent pic. so far, a little different view..

Attachments

• conv_298869.jpg
    conv_298869.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 84
If the gastropod below the tip of the hammer is an internal mold then I'm going to say the one above and center is an external mold (until and if corrected) for some reason I want to call it a cast. :roll:

Attachments

• conv_298879.jpg
    conv_298879.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 90

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back