Octopus vulgaris

The areas are not growing but also not recovering. I have no idea what has caused this. This octo moved into a compete new system which cycled for 6 weeks before adding anything. What about the products from Microbe Lift? Thanks again.

PH is a little low but I don't think enough to cause something like a burn. I am not sure this is possible on an octo but I know it can in humans.

At this point, I think doing heavy water changes (especially since you removed the live rock) and checking your ammonia and nitrite is important. Are you using RO or RO/DI water or something from your house tap? If drinking water, how are you filtering out chemicals?

Hello,

Problem solved...the biologycal system in my tank collapsed resulting in very high nitrite levels. This happened before I removed the live rock, I simply underestimated the waste caused by such an big octopus. Luckily I had another running tank here where he moved in and the affected areas are already recovering. The display tank will have 827 liters and will be ready soon that the octo can move into his final home.

Hey petromir!

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. i'm crossing my fingers for you that everthing will go well and that your octo's skin will heal up quickly :smile:

I've sent you an e-mail concerning your source. (I'm in europe myself and have been trying to locate a source for a live ceph for a longe long time now so I'm grabbing any straw I can get :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back