my babies

basketballampm

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
My octopus eggs hatched! I'm so excited, but they are extremely small. I am feeding them live phytoplankton thats a liquid right now, but i don't know how much and how often to feed them. Does anyone out there know? Do you guys know what else i should feed them. They're so small, i can barely see them!

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
hi
i'm not sure that phytoplankton will help all that much as what they really need is zooplankton IE small animals...

ideally you need larvae of crabs or shrimps????

or for large egg species amphipods

Burstsovenergy24

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
Nice shot! How much magnified that?

You should try and get some bluelegged crabs. About 2 days after that I had tiny larvae crawling on the glass.

Hope it works out for ya! :)

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
You would be surprised, these swimming greedy guts will take food larger than themselves! I'd try some small copepods etc (anything herbiverous....just in case!)

How big are they? (a guestimate will do....I'm feeling generous!)

Cheers

J

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
I guess he could keep some for himself, sell the rest and make a hefty profit :heee: I also never knew what species your octo was, any ideas?

basketballampm

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
my babies

Yea, i think they are vugaris. They're so small still. They seem to be doing fine right now. I have transfered most of them into seperate tanks so the filter won't suck them up. I've been feeding them zooplankton and none of them have died so far. They're thousands of them, i'm running out of room. But when and if they survive and grow up i'm probably going to sell them to a pet store some where. If anyone wants one i can probably send some out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Muir

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak