Momma to be........

Colin

Colossal Squid
Supporter
very nice...

how many festoons or eggs have you counted?

It was 2001 when i had a gravid female, i think i had about 30 odd hatch out but success past about 14 days after hatching was zero, i tried to use seperate rearing containers...

heres some pics of what to look forward to :)

Attachments

sharkbait

Blue Ring
Registered
So far,I've got up to 43,but it is hard to tell how many more there are cause she starts squirmin so much when I shine the light that it is hard to count .I think I'm goin to leave them all together and see what happens.....

sharkbait

Blue Ring
Registered
I have alot of live rock,but I used to have a Mandarin in this tank so the pod population is near zero but I think I'm goin to get some from octopets to replenish before they hatch,or should I say "for if they hatch".I'm excited but I don't want to get my hopes up in case they are not fertile

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
It's important to have amphipods of varying sizes, small ones for the hatchlings when they start, and larger ones as they grow. You might check with Octopets to make sure this is the case, or request a mixture.

Nancy

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Nice pic!

We had several octopuses that laid eggs last year and continued to eat. Make sure she has plenty of food, and if she holes up in the den, offer her food in the den.

Nancy

Colin

Colossal Squid
Supporter
...but carefully check to make sure she did eat it. I had a briereus kill stuff and not eat them, i asume she was just being protective

chrono_war01

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Saw my firend's octo, had about 20 tiny babies swimming around, he's busy scooping them and sorting them into groups for my tank!

sharkbait

Blue Ring
Registered
Baby eyes........

It's been about 2 and a half weeks and the little boogers are developing.Got my 35 gallon tank up for the babies and the LFS has there tank ready and a few other guru'' to see if we can get these guys to grow up all big and strong........Getting all excited now that I can see eyes!Hope it is not much longer..

Attachments

Barnstorm

Blue Ring
Registered
Nancy said:
It's important to have amphipods of varying sizes, small ones for the hatchlings when they start, and larger ones as they grow. You might check with Octopets to make sure this is the case, or request a mixture.
Nancy
Are amphipods hardy enough to be introduced while the tank is still cycling?

sharkbait

Blue Ring
Registered
Here is another pic,you might be able to see a little better.......
If i could only get a pic of what i see.I can see the little legs perfect.The one you see in this pic is movin around a little in the egg.......

Members online

No members online now.