Momma to be........

sharkbait

Blue Ring
Registered
Here is my octo "Squishie"(me and my 3 year old named her that for the way she squeezes thru rocks) with her new eggs.

Attachments

• conv_302044.jpg
    conv_302044.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 68
very nice...

how many festoons or eggs have you counted?

It was 2001 when i had a gravid female, i think i had about 30 odd hatch out but success past about 14 days after hatching was zero, i tried to use seperate rearing containers...

heres some pics of what to look forward to :smile:

Attachments

• conv_287428.jpg
    conv_287428.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 65
  • conv_287429.jpg
    conv_287429.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 60
  • conv_287430.jpg
    conv_287430.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 64
So far,I've got up to 43,but it is hard to tell how many more there are cause she starts squirmin so much when I shine the light that it is hard to count .I think I'm goin to leave them all together and see what happens.....

Have you got much in the way of live rock and amphipods in your tank? Amphipods make a great first food

I have alot of live rock,but I used to have a Mandarin in this tank so the pod population is near zero but I think I'm goin to get some from octopets to replenish before they hatch,or should I say "for if they hatch".I'm excited but I don't want to get my hopes up in case they are not fertile

It's important to have amphipods of varying sizes, small ones for the hatchlings when they start, and larger ones as they grow. You might check with Octopets to make sure this is the case, or request a mixture.

Nancy

Nice pic!

We had several octopuses that laid eggs last year and continued to eat. Make sure she has plenty of food, and if she holes up in the den, offer her food in the den.

Nancy

...but carefully check to make sure she did eat it. I had a briereus kill stuff and not eat them, i asume she was just being protective

Baby eyes........

It's been about 2 and a half weeks and the little boogers are developing.Got my 35 gallon tank up for the babies and the LFS has there tank ready and a few other guru'' to see if we can get these guys to grow up all big and strong........Getting all excited now that I can see eyes!Hope it is not much longer..

Attachments

• conv_287479.jpg
    conv_287479.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 64
Nancy said:
It's important to have amphipods of varying sizes, small ones for the hatchlings when they start, and larger ones as they grow. You might check with Octopets to make sure this is the case, or request a mixture.
Nancy

Are amphipods hardy enough to be introduced while the tank is still cycling?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back