Meet Biddle

From what my son says, Biddle runs around the tank trying to spot him as he's hiding out of his vision. Would love to see this as my oldest has to be 6'4 and I'm sure it's hard for him to position out of sight by the tank!

Also, just learned tonight, Biddle likes freshly caught flounder.

This morning, I go out into the living room and he's in total spike mode! I scared him with my one camera. Didn't realize the flash was on and now he's cautious again on approaching when he see's the camera in my hand. I feel bad. I only flashed him once and it was enough for him to now run for cover when he see's the camera. Very smart!

Wow, is he ever a mass of texture. No octopus there!

Biddle does seem to have the greatest variety in appearance of any of your octopuses. Please keep posting these wonderful pics. Hope Biddle gets used to the camera again soon.

Nancy

Carol,
I wonder what he would do if you just left the camera out where he could see it all the time. He still may realize the it flashed when you pick it up but maybe seeing it all day will help. Biddle is definitely high on the most interesting octopuses reported list!

Welll.....Biddle is over his shyness and fear of being flashed. After a 28 photo session, my son said as soon as I and the camera left he went back to his den to eat. We went collecting tonight at low tide and came back with 1/4 quart baggie full of crabs and good size snails. We decided to see what Biddle would do if he couldn't get to the crab. I know it's mean:twisted:! Anyway, he grabbed it, swam to the back, but when I tapped the tank came right back and sat on the glass till I left. And we have noted almost nightly, when my son is watching Simpsons, Biddle is plastered in the corner where I took the shot of him with my hand for size comparison. My finger span from tip to thumb was 6" and his fastest leg is the size of one of my fingers.

He sure is big! Looks like you have some evaporation to catch up on >.>

PS - He does look similar to Kaleidoscope. There's a chance that he is O. Vulgaris; people used to think they were the synonyms (if you read the post I made in Animal Mother's Tuvalu thread you can see the reference).

WOW! Awesome pictures! He looks kinda big!

Yeah, the top left picture looks very similar to Tuvalu too... but who knows?

Is Biddle anything like G2 as far as personality and skin changes?

Biddle took quite a while to become friendly and stop being skittish. He used to see us and slither back under his hiding spot, with a strategically placed eye to observe from afar. G2 was friendly from the get go. If you look back through this thread, Biddle is very much like G2 with his color changes but the difference is G2 had eye spots and Biddle does not. And I like to keep my tanks low to discourage escape. Biddle has become increasing curious and now if he's at the top of the tank, stretches his leg out the top to feel around. He got a hold of my oldest son last week and Robert said he had quite a time getting him off of his hand.

Could you PM me (or post) some more pictures of G2? I looked through my TFH yesterday and flipped through the page about your octopuses. G2 looked very much to me like Kaleidoscope, especially the size and design on the ocelli.

Biddle likes the mega block! I missed a great photo! He grabbed the lego and floated down to the bottom totally wrapped around it. I need to go get some more toys. My son reports at night Biddle is playing like crazy with everything in his tank. I've given up trying to replace the bubble filter lid as he removes it every night. And a couple of pics of G2. I did not realize he was with me back in 2004. He lived in the same tank Biddle is now in.

We collected food tonight. Dumped in about 20 live local shrimp, and a couple crabs. Biddle did not know what to grab first. There's a few shrimp from the last collection that have been outsmarting him as they've been living in the tank for about a month now.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back