Herbivory in Cephalopods??

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
Extending the thinking a bit, domestic animals will eat grass even though it does not digest when their stomachs are off ...

And extending the off topic tangent comparing with our better understood dogs, an Irish Wolfhound will eat fruit from trees (as well as any offered) as a breed, not just an individual animal. We give ours small amounts thinking there is a biologic need for something in the fruit that other dogs don't share (the Newfie won't touch fruit).

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
My dog hates fruit and veggies! If you give him a plate of leftovers he will polish the plate and leave all the veggies piled on the side. The only non meat items he likes that I know of are Cheez-its and Popsicles he loves them! I gave him a bit of beef stew the other night and he ate all the gravy and meat even licked the gravy off the veggies but still left them all neatly piled to the side.

snowmaker

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Whitney use to beg when I was picking blackberries so I taught her to pick her own. She picked it up in less than a minute and all of the sudden, I had competition - at least for the lower two feet.

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
We might have to see what Bailey (Irish Wolfhound) will do with blackberries but it would not be only the lower 2' that would be easily accessable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamibeachsteve

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak