Ceph items and jewelry collection...

you said it's an actual prop? which movie? I think I remember one like than in "From Russia With Love" but it seems like there were others, too...

I can't think of a good SPECTRE quote off the top of my head, unfortunately...

monty said:
you said it's an actual prop? which movie? I think I remember one like than in "From Russia With Love" but it seems like there were others, too...

I can't think of a good SPECTRE quote off the top of my head, unfortunately...

"East, West, just points on the compass, each as stupid as the other."

Supposedly it's one of several used in "Thunderball", but closer examination would tend to make me think it's a reproduction. It's heavier than my cat, however.

:shock: Dude, you SCORED. Don't try to tell me you don't sit down with a glass of burbon when no one is around and slip that thing on for a while.

tonmo said:
:shock: Dude, you SCORED. Don't try to tell me you don't sit down with a glass of burbon when no one is around and slip that thing on for a while.

You know me well, Tony. Been wanting this damn thing for twenty-odd years. It's mine now.

As for the white cat thing, I've got a friend with a snooty, medium-length-hair white cat. Maybe we can work something out. I've got some other great SPECTRE quotes as well.

Spectre Rings...

That's a great ring. It is the one worn by Emilio Largo which is S.P.E.C.T.R.E.'s #2 in Thunderball.

However, there is a second octopus ring worn by the shapely red head Fiona Volpe. Bond sees it while she is driving him at high speeds in a convertible Mustang. It's not the same ring, and I am looking for a good picture of it.

Donnerboy said:
That's a great ring. It is the one worn by Emilio Largo which is S.P.E.C.T.R.E.'s #2 in Thunderball.

However, there is a second octopus ring worn by the shapely red head Fiona Volpe. Bond sees it while she is driving him at high speeds in a convertible Mustang. It's not the same ring, and I am looking for a good picture of it.

If memory serves, that one is silver and onyx with diamonds for eyes. Ah yes, I remember it well, I think...

VOLPE: Some don't like to be driven.
BOND: No, some men don't like to be taken for a ride.

Hi-

I just found this site by searching for "octopus furniture".
I was looking for a little, resin octopus footstool/table to replact the one that my sister had that has broken. SHe loves octopi and the ocean, as do I and I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a site where it is sold, or something like that?
I found a wine chiller thing that looks like the one she had, but she had one in the form of a teeny table..... here's the link.
http://www.designtoscano.com/jump.jsp?itemID=5461&itemType=PRODUCT&path

Thank you so much if you can help! :biggrin2:

Julia

Donnerboy;64311 said:
However, here are others.

The first, I have never shown before as I just found it. This pic was taken in an art gallery in Orlando, Fl. The table was wood with a silicon rubber covering and was more than I could afford x 10.

The second (and the next one) I simply thought we should revisit while on tables. It is a little metal work and suggests more in the chair than the tiles on the table.

The third is a piece from Toscano Design who is well known for their gargoyles and unique designs. It is but a pedestal or footstool, but still unique.

OMG!!! the 3rd pic is almost exactly like the one she had! where can I find it??!? :eek2:

Ceph items and jewelry collection...

lea869;78509 said:
SHe loves octopi and the ocean, as do I and I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a site where it is sold, or something like that?

:welcome: I don't know anything that would help find a replacement, but I encourage your to send your sister in our direction; it sounds like she'd fit in around here :biggrin2:

I hope someone can help you on your quest, too... it does look like a pretty cool furniture item...

- M

Octopus footstool...

I have said this in a private message, but I think all should hear it. This is from Design Toscano who is known for their gargoyles and dragons.

Design Toscano is a great company for more than one reason. They are simply one of my favorites as I was looking for a table top design they had of a 20,000 Leagues design with a ceph crawling over a Nautilus-like sub. I loved it, I wanted it. I emailed Design Toscano and they said it had been discontinued. However, they said they had the mold and would be more than happy to reproduce one for me. There is no longer real customer service like that in the world. Seriously.

If you, and possibly anyone else, are interested in this footstool; I say go to them at www.DesignToscano.com and ask if they will make more. I will get one myself so you would have a minimum order of two. If there are any other takers, we could put in the orders all at once and they would be much more ready to remake several. As I recall the price was about $39.99 plus shipping.

Lea, if you want to email them and organize this: count me in for one.

~W

Attachments

• conv_289492.jpg
    conv_289492.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 154
ideas for round artifaqt thing

Donnerboy;76609 said:
I should really just start a thread that's only furniture with everything from knobs for chest of drawers to tables in it.

Here are some pieces I found at www.artifaqt.com.

The first and second are finials that are made to top lamps. They also make a cuttlefish paper towel holder and one can select an octo finial to top it.

The third is a bronze medalion that I have no idea what it is used for accepting to look very cool.

The Artifaqt.com stuff is cool. The round things are cool as paperweight objects but could be used as accent tiles on a wall.....wish there were more cephs.

Ceph Stuff...Swizzle Sticks

I just found these on ebay.

They are listed as mexican glass swizzle sticks. I have a couple of these that my sister gave me with little blue octos on them which I covet and do not let people use.

I have not bid on these in case someone else wants to snag them.

Attachments

• conv_289565.jpg
    conv_289565.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 145

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back