Ceph items and jewelry collection...

And some more...

In my continuing Nemo quest to decorate all things ala ceph; I have found these last few items I submit for your enjoyment.

The first is a thimble. I have submitted a thimble before, but it was just to be goofy. This one is a bit more gripping and would certainly compliment the tape measure from posts past.

The second is a compact from Estee Lauder. I had a cigar box purse made from a cigar box decorated in ships and lighthouses for my girlfriend, and I want to get her one of these to sit in it. It's an older piece and you have to look for them.

The third is a t-shirt that one can buy from a site that is a farse about the North American Redwood Octopus, a species of tree dweeling octos that are endangered. It may be a load of bunk, but it's funny and the shirt is kind of cool.

Attachments

• conv_289366.jpg
    conv_289366.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 128
  • conv_289367.jpg
    conv_289367.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 95
  • conv_289368.jpg
    conv_289368.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 128
Some neat things to add today...

The first is a really cool stainless steel can/ bottle coozie holder thingie. I saw it and loved it. I found it on ebay, so feel free to use the term "octopus stainless steel". I have the guys information so if anyone else in intersted, you could contact him directly. It was about $25 with shipping. A little pricey, but as I will own this thing for the next 10 years or so, it amortizes pretty well.

The second and third are both pen holders. I am trying to get one now for my desk.

Attachments

• conv_289385.jpg
    conv_289385.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 89
  • conv_289386.jpg
    conv_289386.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 102
  • conv_289387.jpg
    conv_289387.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 111
And now for something really special!

If this doesn't get the blood pumping, then you either need to check the collective pulses or maybe you're not really ceph lovers (but I know you are).

It is a skeleton octopus watch that has additional ceph art built into its frame. I was going to add some other pieces, but I think this should stand on its own. The site is andrevorontonsov.com so feel free to go by and take a look.

Attachments

• conv_289388.jpg
    conv_289388.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 101
I love all of these new octo things - Just gotta have one of those pen holders.

My husband says to wait until my next next casting class, when I too can make things like that!

Nancy

Okay, I've got a new ring I've been coveting for about twenty years now, courtesy of one of my best friends, and I have to now photograph and upload it. It needs to be shared. It's a prop from an old movie.

Seriously though, did you check out that watch?!

That is a Russian designer and that particular watch is in a Japanese man's private collection. However, he can remake them, and will for a mere $2,300.00.

Ah, perchance to dream.

New items...

Anyway, this is the stuff I did not include yesterday as I did not want to detract from the watch.

The first is a pewter bathtub stopper from www.billyjoe.com.

The second is simply a beer mug. I know it's a ray and not a ceph, but bear with me. I added it as I spoke to the dealer that sells these. They made the stainless steel beer can/bottle coozie from before. They said that they can make this same mug with the octopus from the coozie.

Attachments

• conv_289394.jpg
    conv_289394.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 92
  • conv_289393.jpg
    conv_289393.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 110
Octo-based Furniture

I should really just start a thread that's only furniture with everything from knobs for chest of drawers to tables in it.

Here are some pieces I found at www.artifaqt.com.

The first and second are finials that are made to top lamps. They also make a cuttlefish paper towel holder and one can select an octo finial to top it.

The third is a bronze medalion that I have no idea what it is used for accepting to look very cool.

Attachments

• conv_289404.jpg
    conv_289404.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 88
  • conv_289405.jpg
    conv_289405.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 98
  • conv_289406.jpg
    conv_289406.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 99
I really like the octopus lamp final. Very nice, and not as expensive as I thought it might be. Perhaps I need to make a lamp now :biggrin2:

I'd love to see that design carved into wooden bed posts.

erich orser said:
Okay, I've got a new ring I've been coveting for about twenty years now, courtesy of one of my best friends, and I have to now photograph and upload it. It needs to be shared. It's a prop from an old movie.

Let's see it already, Erich! Post that pic...

How about a squid bag?

I found this on www.fishcakes.net.

It is called the squid-in-law and sells for $30.00. It's just a simple bag, but too unique in terms of our site here to pass up and not list it.

Attachments

• conv_289435.jpg
    conv_289435.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 93

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back