• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Briareus hotel build

Gorilla glue (Home Depot also carries it but you may even find it in your grocery store) is the best I have used but you will never get it off the glass. Epoxy putty (I like this one best because it keeps the purple color until it is covered over but a much cheaper brand without color would suit your needs) is aquarium safe and is more likely to be removable with a razor should you want to do something different or something breaks and has to be replaced. Both break down somewhat over time (years) but are still the best I know are safe to use and have had success with.

Gorilla glue is awesome but expands like foam I think that may b a problem but what type of epoxy puddy were you thinking of and would it b at home depo or would I have to order it online??

oh and so far were holding water in lol I gotta do something about noise lol sounds like I have a river running threw my house and the wife don't like it being I need her for food, groceries,company, and just general life I'm gunna have to pleas her haha

AND it is important that she likes the tank! You can probably find some noise baffling ideas/starting point on a tank forum. My dad does not like our tank noises but he only visits occasionally :biggrin2:

The two part epoxy putty (there is a link to the one I use in the above thread) is common and you can find at least two brands at Home Depot. The brand I mentioned won't be there because it is for aquariums and costs twice or more than the uncolored home/industrial use variety. Like the liquid stuff, you have to mix it but both the epoxy and the resin are in clay form (resin wrapped around an epoxy center). You break off a section, work it in your fingers (it will leave a sticky residue so you may want to use disposable gloves - the residue smells for several days :roll:. I never seem to remember to grab gloves but I only work with a nickel size piece at a time). Loctite makes one but there are numerous brands. As far as I know, they all cure underwater. I don't have a tube around the house of the last I bought that was not Boston Aqua Farms brand (there are other aquarium special colored brands but this one actually is a decent purple that stays purple and does not turn gray) but, unlike ammonia vs vinegar based silicones, I have not heard of any that are tank toxic.

On the other hand Gorilla Glue does expand but NOT like foam and is far more controllable. You can cut away any that shows and it seems to expand less when used underwater. You will get a thin resin that floats and some that would need to be stripped away but it is minimal. I have used it in two tanks but would not use it (where I do expoxy) when a tank has residence.

Last edited:
Ok I'll check my local hardware store tomorrow I still have to water cure them wich is gunna b kinda hard beings there 3ft long and 2ft tall and there's three of the lol I'll figure it out I have a couple 400gal storage tanks I just didn't want to cut one lol
Yes I have an idea it kinda looks like ur pee trap under the sinks or tub if u can see them I'm gunna raise it up till about an inch from the overflow baffles and then drill a small hole for air to enter so it goes by gravity and not siphoning I've seen that in pet stores but they didn't drill holes so every couple seconds you hear it suck air threw tube lol I'd rather listen to the river haha thanks d I appreciate it I'll get pics up when it clears up some lol

Pictures would help. If you baffle above the exit point, an upside down J stand pipe might help and elevate the concern for a siphon but I don't know the technical aspects of water depth to height. If you are working underneath, then a standard trap might solve problem. My noise is mostly from the water splashing into the sumps :roll:. I could fix it by extending the sump filling line but I want the aeration.

Agitation and airation ia important yep so I might extend sump lines a little but just to cut down on noice once I figure out overflow noice ill deffinately share I cant b the only guy with a complaining sibling lol

20141001_132927.jpg
20141001_132942.jpg
20141001_133709.jpg
20141001_133247.jpg

Haha yep thanks cuttlegirl

Ya ive seen them in stores on display tanks but they run of a syphoning system instead of gravity I literally have almost no noise at all now just the 3600gph spashing into sump wich is still kinda loud but ill figure that out to lol

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back