• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Briareus hotel build

I just hope it has enough swimming room. I love rays but don't have room for an appropriate tank. Does he plan to catch or buy his ray? There are a number of rays smaller than sting rays that might fare better for the width of the aquarium.

20141003_222218.jpg
20141003_222159.jpg
20141003_222209.jpg

Im a little clouded but salt is in
Let the cycling begin lol been awhile in the making the rest is cosmetic lol couple of choice peices of lr in top tanks and let er rip lol hope Im ready for octos before spring lol

Ones I can trade back or sell off easily I know my lfs hase a huge panther grouper and a big wolf eal he would let me borrow but im not sure if there hardy enough fish for cycling a tank
Any imput on thst would b helpfull lol its been a long time since I cycled a tank

You don't need live fish to cycle. You could start with a clean up crew - hermits, snails and other inverts. You can seed the tank with a piece of shrimp. You just need to provide a source of waste so that you can grow bacteria.

How soon can I add snails and hermits with no algea n stuff and how much shrimp n how often id rather so that than risk killing or injuring a fish but I dont know how to do that lol

Ok just ordered two 500 watt heaters with digital thermometer for my cycling prosses I may need one more but they say a single 1000 watt will go to 400 gallons but is like 170 bucks I bought mine for 30

I think most of my heaters are undersized but they don't have a large temperature swing and don't need to raise the temp more than a few degrees but I do run the tanks a couple of degrees cooler in the winter than in the summer.

Ok that makes me feel better I know twitches tank only has a heater rated for about 20 gallons and it is running about 100+gal of water at 74 degrees so I should b alright

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back