• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Briareus hotel build

Ok second atempt on the overflows they should b here mon or tuesday im gunna guard my porch like the army would lol plus I built a form for my real rock 3d background

Im gunna fill it with my rock formula and sculpt in some blocks and let sit for a day or two then I gotta figure out how to water cure such a big peice lol

Attachments

• 20140928_210501.jpg
    20140928_210501.jpg
    962.8 KB · Views: 113
The frame is 27" high and 37 1/2" long and it's a 2x3 wall stud frame with some smooth plastic on the back so it will b easier to get rock out of form in theory anyway lol but I'm gunna use a mixture that consists of 4 parts oyster shell 2 parts Portland cement and 2 parts salt with some sand sprinkled on top for the look I'm desiring I hope it is strong enough

Well I got on done for the center tank takes alot of mixing lol but I made it look like a rock wall with ledges as if u would see back then with pottery on them ill b putting my few corals lol I did change my formula tho to 12 parts oyster shell 8 parts portland cementand 6 parts salt

This is definitely going to look interesting. This makes me think about the fossil fireplace I always thought would be exceptional. I hope someone sees your work and then uses ammonite fossils as the relief! :biggrin2:

It is definatly possible all you really have to do is use ur morter or what you decide and push your fossils into it and fade the morter around the edges and wala you have a fossil fireplace

Oops douple post lol I think it turned out ok tho im hoping it hardens up alot more tho its only been a day tho and its been raining so ill give it a couple warm days to set and try to pick it up

Ok I actually have my overflows in now with about 300lbs of sand for the viewing tanks I may still have to put alittle in still but I can't tell yet it's pretty cloudy still pluse I have a 100 or so really coars sand stuff she'll mix in my refuge/sump I have yet to put any rock in yet I'm gunna wait for the water to settle first then put my cured rock in and try to get decent water peramiters before I add any live rock to it

I know I wont get stable water tests till the tank cycles but just better than startup lol I don't wanna hurt my rock any
By the way does anyone know of a puddy or adhesive that will glue my rock to glass and sets up underwater

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back