[Octopus]: Anya, O. briareus

Tomh

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
That’s good thinking! My bimac would soak me and attack anything I put in tank!! He would climb out tank in an instant. One night I was careless and left top open for a couple of minutes next thing I know I heard gasping noises and sure enough he was crawling on floor towards my other tank!!! Had to scoop him up with net. Put him back in and he was eating a half hour later!! Man I miss him 😩

sedna

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Staff member
Reaction score
Some pictures of Anja attacking a brush that we use for cleaning. In order to be successful at performing a water change, it is necessary to distract Anja from the siphon! No more tank maintenance with only one person... 🤣.

Attachments

sedna

Staff member
Reaction score
Anya is still coming out and being social, but not quite as much as before. She came out this morning while I was working out in the living room. I’d like to think it was me but she wanted to see, but the Ambassador Sarak episode of Star Trek TNG was on, so most likely it was Mark Lenard she wanted to see. 🤣

I continue to see a growing collection of brooding den materials, though- so from here on out I’ll enjoy whatever social time I can get with her. This is where journaling becomes very helpful to me! It’s awesome to be able to pull out my phone and look on the site to find the dates of when things were happening in the tank. I’ve only had one large egg Octopus lay eggs before, 7 years ago- and they weren’t fertile. So I am hopefully keeping my fingers crossed…

sedna

Staff member
Reaction score
Three days of building her brooding den, but she’s still active and social. I’m not sure why she chose this spot for a den- it’s right up against the side of the tank... There are so many great rocks with ample space, but she’s all crammed up against the wall!!! It’s been her favorite napping spot, I think because she has a direct line of sight to the dogs- she’s always been interested in what they’re doing. 🤣

Attachments

Members online

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KRAK3N

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan