- Jun 24, 2009
So while calling a 100 different sorta-local fish stores about octopuses, I had two places mention blue ring octos (yikes). So I looked up what to do if bitten by one (just for interest) and all I can find is that you are supposed to put pressure on the wound and be ready for artificial breathing. I know that there is no cure as of yet and that the toxin paralyzes while not stopping the heart beat, but is there any other thing you can do before medics get there? Would cutting the wound right away stop some of the venom? Or maybe apply a tourniquet?