What is all the fuss over dwarfs?

Discussion in 'The Octopus' Den' started by skywindsurfer, Mar 5, 2011.

1. skywindsurfer

skywindsurfer Architeuthis Registered

If dwarfs are really small, nocturnal, and reclusive, why is there such a large demand for them? Can anyone tell me why they like them so much?

2. iAlex

iAlex Vampyroteuthis Registered

Could it be that they are in a smaller tank and don't eat as much so it's not as expensive as larger ones?

3. SabrinaR

SabrinaR Larger Pacific Striped Octopus Registered

Well they arent all very nocturnal. Mystique is believed to be a dwarf and she comes out at all hours of the day. I love Mystique. For those unable to keep larger tanks dwarfs are the only viable option.

I remember a college student who was unable to have any tank larger than 10 gallons... so a dwarf would be perfect in that case.

4. skywindsurfer

skywindsurfer Architeuthis Registered

But some seem to go out of their way to get dwarfs even if they can get larger octopus. I'm just curious what the attraction is.

5. SabrinaR

SabrinaR Larger Pacific Striped Octopus Registered

With mercs being able to keep multiples is a plus. Also some just like tiny octopuses. I know when I watched Sedona it was so strange because she was SO tiny. Watching her was just fascinating. If you have never kept a dwarf you really cant understand and even if you do you may not. They arent for everyone. I wanted to stay away from them at all costs before I had Sedona. Now, I dont mind at all.

I will say it was very frustrating not being able to see her for the first 2 months. Then, when I could she only lived for a short time.