[FEATURED]: TONMOCON VII Announced

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
As mentioned in the Dun dun dun.... TONMOCon VII thread, we are officially locked & loaded for TONMOCON VII (#tcon7), the biennial cephalopod conference, on April 6th (evening social), 7th (full day of presentations and another evening social :smile:) and 8th (TBD), 2018, at the Marine Biological Laboratory at Woods Hole, Massachusetts (Marine Biological Laboratory — Biological Discovery in Woods Hole). More about TONMOCONs here.

Abstracts and event proposals welcome; send to email@tonmo.com or just private message me here on TONMO.

The registration link has been posted, and more details are in the post below -- it's all onsite so you have an opportunity to simply pay an all-in fee, and enjoy the ride :smile:: TONMOCON VII REGISTRATION

Lastly, the Draft Agenda can be found here: [FEATURED]: - TONMOCON VII *DRAFT* Agenda Elements

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
MORE INFO ON TONMOCON VII:

General info and past history can be found here: TONMOCON: The Biennial Cephalopod Conference

For this event, I'm still working the agenda (link now available here) but I expect excellent content, as usual. At minimum we have Danna Staaf who will speak about her book, Squid Empire, and Bret Grasse from MBL and his team will be presenting as well... There will be a LOT to cover once the detailed agenda is assembled, so check back regularly!

The event will be generally structured like this:

Friday night social (beer and wine) for 3 hours at MBL.

Saturday all day presentations. Another 3 hour social Saturday night.

Sunday activities TBD - may involve a tour and/or excursion, and/or more presentations.

The pricing options are as follows:

1) Event Housing, Meals Registration- Single Room - $630.00 US: this is what you choose if you're attending alone, with access to all the items listed above.

2) Event Housing, Meals Registration- Double (shared) Room - $510.00 US: same as above, but the room is shared... There are two beds available in this room. You can register yourself here, and you will be paired up with another person. Or, you can register for yourself and another person, as I did for my wife and I.

3) Registration for Meals - No MBL Housing - $390.00 US: this is for access to all social events and all meals/socials (as described in item 1), but you're not staying at MBL.

4) ID Only Registration - No Meals or Housing - $250.00 US: limited access as described! No access to meals or socials. You'll come to the Saturday event, and potentially some common Sunday activity.

Agenda to come!

TONMOCON VII REGISTRATION

Members online

No members online now.