The New Tonmo Theme Song?

bigGdelta

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
OctopusV said:
The Christian Heavy Death Metal (:confused: :wink: :lol: :hmm: ) Band known (or unknown) as Tourniquet has a song properly titled "Architeuthis" :archi: here is a link to the song, Quicktime file.

Architeuthis by Tourniquet
Christian death metal? Is that not an oxymoron? Still got to give them props for using archi in a song

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
bigGdelta said:
Christian death metal? Is that not an oxymoron? Still got to give them props for using archi in a song
Well, it seems strangely appropriate for Easter weekend, doesn't it?

And they'd get more points for Mesonychoteuthis but they probably don't know how to pronounce it...

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
:archi: Here's a challenge to the many musicians and song writers on Tonmo. Come up with a good one. :archi:

bigGdelta

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
monty said:
Well, it seems strangely appropriate for Easter weekend, doesn't it?

And they'd get more points for Mesonychoteuthis but they probably don't know how to pronounce it...
Hey if Van Halen could do one about baluchitherium, messie can't be that hard.......

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
I know that this references an older thread, but on their album Perrenial Favorites (think that was the title - set up like a Depression Era seed catalog), the N. Carolina Southern 20s-30s jazz band Squirrel Nut Zippers had a song called The Kraken. Lyrics would indicate that it's somewhat Cthulhuesque, but musically it's a full-on Weimar Republic German Expressionist Opera exhuberant freak-out. I love those guys. They were doing their bootlegger era Southern thing for years, and then the swing thing hit circa '93 and they got labeled, even though most of their work references/is inspired by much earlier influences. Of course, later they did do some Forties stuff when the money was right, but man, they hated being lumped-in with the rest of the swing crowd. Still, great weird song. Somebody listened to their Kurt Weill before writing this one.:cool:

bathypol

Wonderpus
Registered
Glad to see someone else appreciates the Squirrel Nut Zippers...when I talk about them to friends they just look at me weird.

Never heard the Kraken though....must go search for it

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Squirrel Nut Zippers lyrics
"Squirrel Nut Zippers The Kraken lyrics"

Tonight I will dream
Far below the fading light
My dream is for you
My arms were made to hold you tight
Now the time has come
The time has come

:archi:

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
I just listened to the segment above, but it doesn't feature the eerie part of the song that follows - which is where the lyrics are. Oh well.

Toren

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
When I heard...I think it was Clyde Roper, or maybe David Attenborough, pronounce 'cephalopod' with a hard 'c' sound, I thought I had made a terrible mistake in my band's song "Jimmy the Squid" - I pronounced it with a soft 'c'. You can listen to it by clinking the link I put in the octopodcast 4 thread.

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
DO THE OCTOPUS!

Does anybody know about a couple of regional American early-Sixties novelty dance songs - unrelated to each other - but both entitled "Do the Octopus"? I really need to find these. Tonmo.com really needs to find these!

OctoPussyAZ

Wonderpus
Supporter
I love 'In the Afterlife' by the SNZ -- hope that's not one of their sell-out songs. All the same, really twisted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnyegaard

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak