The New Tonmo Theme Song?

bigGdelta said:
Christian death metal? Is that not an oxymoron? Still got to give them props for using archi in a song

Well, it seems strangely appropriate for Easter weekend, doesn't it?

And they'd get more points for Mesonychoteuthis but they probably don't know how to pronounce it...

monty said:
Well, it seems strangely appropriate for Easter weekend, doesn't it?

And they'd get more points for Mesonychoteuthis but they probably don't know how to pronounce it...

Hey if Van Halen could do one about baluchitherium, messie can't be that hard.......

I know that this references an older thread, but on their album Perrenial Favorites (think that was the title - set up like a Depression Era seed catalog), the N. Carolina Southern 20s-30s jazz band Squirrel Nut Zippers had a song called The Kraken. Lyrics would indicate that it's somewhat Cthulhuesque, but musically it's a full-on Weimar Republic German Expressionist Opera exhuberant freak-out. I love those guys. They were doing their bootlegger era Southern thing for years, and then the swing thing hit circa '93 and they got labeled, even though most of their work references/is inspired by much earlier influences. Of course, later they did do some Forties stuff when the money was right, but man, they hated being lumped-in with the rest of the swing crowd. Still, great weird song. Somebody listened to their Kurt Weill before writing this one.:cool2:

Glad to see someone else appreciates the Squirrel Nut Zippers...when I talk about them to friends they just look at me weird.

Never heard the Kraken though....must go search for it

Squirrel Nut Zippers lyrics
"Squirrel Nut Zippers The Kraken lyrics"

Tonight I will dream
Far below the fading light
My dream is for you
My arms were made to hold you tight
Now the time has come
The time has come

:archi:

I just listened to the segment above, but it doesn't feature the eerie part of the song that follows - which is where the lyrics are. Oh well.

When I heard...I think it was Clyde Roper, or maybe David Attenborough, pronounce 'cephalopod' with a hard 'c' sound, I thought I had made a terrible mistake in my band's song "Jimmy the Squid" - I pronounced it with a soft 'c'. You can listen to it by clinking the link I put in the octopodcast 4 thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back