Tentarcticles (Mesonychoteuthis / Colossal Squid)

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
... twaz about 3am when I crawled into bed :D , but it was all worth while.

So many pics .... what to do. Just a selection online. A moving sequence says a thousand words; a stills just doesn't do this thing justice. Nevertheless, here goes (several posts worth):

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
... a few others.

The series titled 'Face Off' has actually turned into a Face Off between various scientists. Here we have the 'one and only tiger-man Dave' (who's sole purpose is to wind everyone else up .... and have a good time) and Dr Scott Baker, the whale expert .... Scott has facts on his side, but you'll be rather surprised to hear some of the tricks that Meso can get up to to win a battle against the sperm whale. Laser death rays are just one of them! (I'll do anything to win this battle; take no prisoners).

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
you could always throw the opposition off the verrrrrry high dive.... either that or try to get the squid on the NZ olympic diving team by throwing the squid of the high dive....

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
.... filming wrapped today (for 99.9999% of it), but we've got one small thing to do tomorrow.

I'm afraid you'll just have to watch the show to see what happens, who won, and what complete and utter nonsense went on.

A fantastic time was had, and much was learnt.

Let's go looking for the real thing :mesonych: now!

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the results of all this filming! - didn't you say it will be out fairly quickly? Please keep us posted.

Nancy

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
Should be out about mid-June 2004. I must say I'm looking forward to seeing this yarn too ... so much has been done that there'll be a lot of fun and frustration in the editing suite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigbear

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards