• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Tentacle wounds

spinycheek

GPO
Registered
My bandensis I got as an adult a couple months ago has developed rather nasty looking lesions on her top two tentacles (arms???). I thought that this is possibly a precursor to her death, but she's still eating well and her eyes aren't cloudy. I have no idea what caused these wounds. Should I dip her in melafix or something.....or is there nothing I can do?:sad:

Please help, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Be patient about replies, its the weekend. :grin:
A pic would help.
Wounds like that can be caused by the cuttle rubbing against the glass or acrylic. Since I have never seen them become infected I have never treated them. They seem to get along just fine.
Does it look like this:
url]http://www.tonmo.com/community/index.php?threads/8697/#post-110692[/url]

spinycheek

GPO
Registered
Oh, thank you!!! Sorry, I was just getting worried, it's my first cuttle. The wounds do look like your picture, just not as severe. I'll stop freakin out then...

Members online