• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Tentacle wounds

spinycheek

GPO
Registered
My bandensis I got as an adult a couple months ago has developed rather nasty looking lesions on her top two tentacles (arms???). I thought that this is possibly a precursor to her death, but she's still eating well and her eyes aren't cloudy. I have no idea what caused these wounds. Should I dip her in melafix or something.....or is there nothing I can do?:sad:

Please help, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Be patient about replies, its the weekend. :biggrin2:
A pic would help.
Wounds like that can be caused by the cuttle rubbing against the glass or acrylic. Since I have never seen them become infected I have never treated them. They seem to get along just fine.
Does it look like this:
url]http://www.tonmo.com/community/index.php?threads/8697/#post-110692[/url]

Oh, thank you!!! Sorry, I was just getting worried, it's my first cuttle. The wounds do look like your picture, just not as severe. I'll stop freakin out then...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back