Steve swamped and offline until further notice, sorry

Kat's heading home (US of A) for a wee while, and will probably be doing the wilderness thing. Just posting something on her behalf.

I'm not sure when she returns, but I think it's ~ 15 August.

Couldn't tell you I'm afraid - I live in an information vacuum when it comes to such matters. I've only just figured out that my keyboard has little leg-like things underneath, so that I can adjust its height/angle/whatever. This never seemed important to me before, but I've since learnt that either my desk is not level, or the legs are not level. A wee experiment followed: a marble did not roll on the desk, so it must be these stupid little leg-like things; maybe I'll break them off so that I can get back to work (otherwise I'll be tormented for the rest of the day thinking about it).

..... lucky eh - I only had that one left to lose; had it rolled off the table I'd have lost it for sure.

Just a wee note from Kat; she's arrived safely and has commenced family festivities.

.... and a follow up note that she's now in some canoe somewhere ... and that's about all I know, except that she's having a ball (while I sit here doing all the hard work :roll: ).

Holidays

Some of us at this end of the globe could be under the misapprehension that life is just a long holiday in NZ - cannot understand why people would need to take another AND to paddle their own canoe! :boat:
Well, I suppose it is winter down there, and the :sun: is shining up here.

It's been quite balmy weather here this winter, or perhaps it's because we've moved quite a few degrees latitude north.

Kat's alive and well, having survived her canoe expedition. Not that I'm counting, but she'll be returning to NZ in ~ 7 days, and soon afterwards back online. As we've a further 2 manuscripts to complete by months end, and a wee documentary, we'll be rather busy. But come September we can move on a few other important manuscripts that we want to do, and also get on to a bit of serious squid catching.

Watch this forum.
Cheers
Us

Also I see that Kat is giving the "warm up" cephalopod talk at the NZ Marine Sciences Conference on Sept 2. :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: Then comes me and I'm sure I can clear the room pretty fast!! Course Kerry reckons she will stand and block the doors and keep me a captive audience!!!

J

...she'll be back in 4 days (not that I'm counting), so we'd best get her to rehearse that talk. Now I wonder why I'm not giving a talk at this conference ..... Oh, I forgot, I don't like giving talks :lol:

rehearse?? what's this rehearse thing? :shock: I haven't even WRITTEN mine :roll: :goofysca: uh oh!

what's this?
Now I wonder why I'm not giving a talk at this conference ..... Oh, I forgot, I don't like giving talks :lol:

I saw you give one years ago in Christchurch on octopus speciation it was great!

Just think we coulda had three ceph presentations to counter all those fish and echinoderm and aquatic botany ones :!: :lol:

J

.... doya think I should throw something together?

Hmmm: larval Architeuthis
Haliphron atlanticus
Sexy-new male squid (due out soon)
Mesonychoteuthis
Pholidoteuthis
Lepidoteuthis
Octopoteuthis
Leviathans of the deep
Squid egg spheres
Neil Diamond?

Hmmmmm. Am kinda outa time right now.

ps., .... 3 days to go

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back