Seven - O.Hummelincki

I think you will be OK as long as you lower it slowly. Our tanks were up OVER 90 this summer for a couple of days (I don't know how hot it actually got as my stickons stopped registering) and every one except a couple of my anemones (and there is still a small amount of hope for the three that were most badly affected) pulled through OK.

Heaters seem to be the most unreliable and dangerous piece of equpment in your tank. I've gone through quite a number of them, and find them poorly calibrated and sometimes prone to failure. This year I bought the new Fluval E200, which is digital and has high and low temperature alarms. Easy to set and supposed to be very accurate. However, since my old Aqueon started working very well, I haven't tried the Fluval yet.

I can't say about Hummelincki, but bimacs are often found in tidepools where the water gets quite warm in the summer, and they do just fine.

Hope all is well with Seven.

Nancy

Things are back to normal this morning. It took all night but the temp finally went down to 77. which is normal for that tank. Sweven is out and about so I think all is well.

I have had plenty of heaters fail on me over the years but i never had one fail and get hot. for me they have always died and the heater just goes cold. This one was just stuck on.

CaptFish;165732 said:
Things are back to normal this morning. It took all night but the temp finally went down to 77. which is normal for that tank. Sweven is out and about so I think all is well.

I have had plenty of heaters fail on me over the years but i never had one fail and get hot. for me they have always died and the heater just goes cold. This one was just stuck on.

I am glad to hear everythings OK.

I have heard of a lot of heaters failing in the on position. Though like you mine have always just stopped working. I'm just glad you were there to correct it.

I have had 4 or 5 over the years fail. All in my large tub in the basement that I use for water changes, new heated/salted water. Every time the failure was in the thermostat and the heater just kept heating. Right now I just lost anohter heater so I have 3 smaller wattage ones in the bucket, trying to make use of what I have. Seriously they should all have built in safeguards to prevent over heating.

Well. Seven has been pretty recluse lately. He took food yesterday but I have now not seen him since. I did notice he moved dens. He had originally dug out a den in the sand along the back wall. now he is on the other side of the tank toward the top of the liverock in a tiny crack, all i can see are a few suckers.

Monty keeps two dens. One is his, I will allow you to see me den and the other is his, I am being antisocial den. He rotates between them depending upon his mood (I have no other explanation). He will eat in either one (and it is really funny to see him drag food that does not fit down into his antisocial one. Neither of his are on the bottom substrate though, where Maya and Serendiptiy always choose dens against the sand or bottom glass. Both of my larger males (Octane and OhToo) denned exclusively in the live rock. Octane never changed his denning area the whole 7 months he was in the aquarium. Go figure.

I don't think the 2 den thing is specific to one species as Ollie kept 2 also. He was similar to Monty, one in the back where I could not see him and one right out in front where we could watch each other. Diablo has never purposefully changed dens and always viewable.

Well Seven has been pretty reclusive lately. He takes a shrimp whenever I offer it no problem, but I dont see him very much. He spends most of the time hidden. He continues to maintain two dens one is the sand and one upside down in a crevice.

Seven remain to be pretty reclusive but i managed to snap some shot during feeding time this morning.

DSCN2472.jpg

DSCN2474.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back