Sepia plangon health problems and treatments

Kerrie

Hatchling
Registered
Hi guys,

I am doing an assignment on the health aspects of keeping cuttlefish (specifically Sepia plangon) in captivity. The headings are:
1/ Daily Health Checks
2/ Detailed Physical Examination (using physical restraint)
3/ Routine Treatments (parasite treatments etc - not sure if this is even done, the assignment is quite general and aimed more so at terrestrial animals)
4/ Known health problems and treatments

It seems that secondary bacterial infections are the main problem after a but burn incident. Is there any information that members know of that could be helpful???

Thanks,
Kerrie

neurobadger

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
What level of education is this for?

If you have access to Wiley Online Library, look for the chapter of Invertebrate Medicine on cephalopods. I can send the chapter to you if you can't find it.

Kerrie

Hatchling
Registered
Hi neurobadger,

I am studying Captive Animals. This is a TAFE qualification for students wishing to become zoo keepers or aquarists. I'm not sure what level this equates to in the states. I don't have access to Wiley Online Library. I have found a few helpful books, but as I'm sure you can imagine there is very little info out there on these topics compaired to terrestrial animals.

I read an online sample version of Invertebrate Medicine by Gregory Lewbart. Looks very helpful. If you could send that chapter I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kerrie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmmorell

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean