• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Sepia plangon health problems and treatments

Kerrie

Hatchling
Registered
Hi guys,

I am doing an assignment on the health aspects of keeping cuttlefish (specifically Sepia plangon) in captivity. The headings are:
1/ Daily Health Checks
2/ Detailed Physical Examination (using physical restraint)
3/ Routine Treatments (parasite treatments etc - not sure if this is even done, the assignment is quite general and aimed more so at terrestrial animals)
4/ Known health problems and treatments

It seems that secondary bacterial infections are the main problem after a but burn incident. Is there any information that members know of that could be helpful???

Thanks,
Kerrie

What level of education is this for?

If you have access to Wiley Online Library, look for the chapter of Invertebrate Medicine on cephalopods. I can send the chapter to you if you can't find it.

Hi neurobadger,

I am studying Captive Animals. This is a TAFE qualification for students wishing to become zoo keepers or aquarists. I'm not sure what level this equates to in the states. I don't have access to Wiley Online Library. I have found a few helpful books, but as I'm sure you can imagine there is very little info out there on these topics compaired to terrestrial animals.

I read an online sample version of Invertebrate Medicine by Gregory Lewbart. Looks very helpful. If you could send that chapter I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kerrie

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back