Recently Purchased Tank

b25oshea

Blue Ring
Registered
Finally, after months of interest and planning, I placed the order for the tank from drsfostersmith.com; most important items:
Emperor 280
20 gallon Long
Lee's Protein Skimmer

I wished to know what the best method of salt mixing would be. I didn't order an expensive powerful pump, so I was thinking of just mixing the initial batch (20 gallons) of seawater IN the tank, and adding the sand and rock later. I would then do subsequent water changes in buckets. Would this be appropriate?

sideways

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
That should be fine. I just set up a 30 gallon myself. I just poured the salt into the water but I have a pretty powerful powerhead mixing it up. I just found out while searching for water that Culligan sells RO/DI for $.35/gallon...just in case you need help finding some. Good luck, keep us updated. John

b25oshea

Blue Ring
Registered
Dilemma

After opening my protein skimmer esterday, I realized that I need TWO air inputs; one for the airstone and one for the upward flow. However, my Rena 100 only provides ONE air output. I am debating whether or not to buy an air splitter, or buy a new air pump that has tw air outputs.

Michael O'Shea

b25oshea

Blue Ring
Registered
Dilemma

After opening my protein skimmer esterday, I realized that I need TWO air inputs; one for the airstone and one for the upward flow. However, my Rena 100 only provides ONE air output. I am debating whether or not to buy an air splitter, or buy a new air pump that has tw air outputs.

Michael O'Shea

Members online

No members online now.