• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Recently Purchased Tank

b25oshea

Blue Ring
Registered
Finally, after months of interest and planning, I placed the order for the tank from drsfostersmith.com; most important items:
Emperor 280
20 gallon Long
Lee's Protein Skimmer

I wished to know what the best method of salt mixing would be. I didn't order an expensive powerful pump, so I was thinking of just mixing the initial batch (20 gallons) of seawater IN the tank, and adding the sand and rock later. I would then do subsequent water changes in buckets. Would this be appropriate?

That should be fine. I just set up a 30 gallon myself. I just poured the salt into the water but I have a pretty powerful powerhead mixing it up. I just found out while searching for water that Culligan sells RO/DI for $.35/gallon...just in case you need help finding some. Good luck, keep us updated. John

Dilemma

After opening my protein skimmer esterday, I realized that I need TWO air inputs; one for the airstone and one for the upward flow. However, my Rena 100 only provides ONE air output. I am debating whether or not to buy an air splitter, or buy a new air pump that has tw air outputs.

Michael O'Shea

Dilemma

After opening my protein skimmer esterday, I realized that I need TWO air inputs; one for the airstone and one for the upward flow. However, my Rena 100 only provides ONE air output. I am debating whether or not to buy an air splitter, or buy a new air pump that has tw air outputs.

Michael O'Shea

Cloudy Water

After mixing the salt and adding the Argamax sand, the water has become extremely cloudy. For how long will this condition last?

Michael O'Shea

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back