Our latest Architeuthis

Infusoria

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
ob;127388 said:
What ever became of the latex mould.....

Anyway, were the eyes on this Architeuthis measured, by any chance? Looks like not, but just curious.
Dunno, and dunno, it was well munted. We have photographs of the eyes, so we could probably do something. I have some video too, of Steve dissecting the mantle. I'd post it but the file size requirement for .mov files is way too small. Can something be done about this?

Matt

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Infusoria;127389 said:
Dunno, and dunno, it was well munted. We have photographs of the eyes, so we could probably do something. I have some video too, of Steve dissecting the mantle. I'd post it but the file size requirement for .mov files is way too small. Can something be done about this?

Matt
If you PM Tonmo, he can take care of big movies. I might be able to figure it out, but I've never done it before, so it's probably better to check with Tony.

- M

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
Infusoria;127389 said:

Matt
That's great! When it comes to diameter, this A. dux looks like touching 200 mm... That's BIG.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
I'm just seeing this now. We can definitely help. Might come down to providing an FTP account, but there are ways to get this done.

baldtankman

Wonderpus
Registered
Reaction score
Steve O'Shea;127339 said:
It was in a really bad way, two pieces, and the viscera was rotten. We disracded the mantle and kept thehead, although I'm inclined to lose the head at some point also (it just seemed like such a terrible waste).

The specimen was beach cast (ex trawler), the beaks had been removed .... a crying shame. Better luck with the next one. (That's Rebecca, who's come all the way from Chicago in the US of A to play just with squid with us for a few years ... her first Architeuthis.)
Your first is always memorable! Welcome to the madness..

Mythchamber

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
tonmo;130975 said:
I'm just seeing this now. We can definitely help. Might come down to providing an FTP account, but there are ways to get this done.
Awesome!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippydoo

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean