• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

octopus chierchiae

He claims it is from Bali so I think that rules out O.cherichiae

Wow that guys really sucks. He is selling blue ring and Wunderpus. "I've had this one for about 9 months in a show tank so no worries on it's health...." except that it will likely die soon because its so old.

Ignorant people piss me off. He even states that the animal may be on the Canadian CITES list.

Do you mean these guys
http://www.oceanproaquatics.com/shop/inverts-octopus-cephalopods-c-469_532_534.html

If so, that particular ad - ' BALI ZEBRA MIMIC OCTOPUS CHIERCHIAE' has been up for years, and they have never had O.c. They know they haven't, the know O.c do not come from Bali, they know the picture they posted is a Wunderpus and is neither a mimic nor an O.c - and they have had many discussions about it with various TONMO members. The company is widely regarded as, to put it mildly, 'sketchy' and many saltwater keepers suggest that they be avoided for many reasons.

jakester;164289 said:
Does anyone know what happend to John Cossmans baby o.cherchiae? I was just wondering becaues that was a extremly interesting story. Thanks!

What Roy wrote above what happened:
One of the disappointments of that experience was that we learned accidentally that another aquarist had a female that hatched some eggs. We asked repeatedly for a few of the juveniles to increase the genetic diversity of our stock and hopefully successfully breed them. It never happened and eventually the female and her offspring were lost. What was probably our best chance to learn enough about this species to get it into culture was lost.

It was actually more frustrating that that. :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back