• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

O. cyanea has always taken my interest and I probably have a cumulative gallonage to support one - just not in ONE tank :wink: I am not sure 300 gallons would be enough at this species appears to forage more than the animals we typically keep. I wonder if rearranging the tank once a month would help or hinder its comfort :roll:

I've been e-mailing Kanaloa. They are just getting started, but seem like a solid endeavor that could use support. They plan on selling all Hawaiian species and may be able to collect something specific right now if you ask nicely. Hawaii has some cool species, including a dwarf species, Octopus oliveri.

Ten dollars for shipping or 25 for heavy shipping? That seems very cheap if it is coming all the way from Hawaii? Hmm will have to look into it more. Thanks spinycheek!

What I find MOST interesting about kanalaoctopus is their intent to raise crab zoea! I have not contacted them but am keeping :fingerscrossed: that these will become available! Unfortunately, their newsletter subscription is not functional.

Hey guys, i've been searching for a source for an Octopus Briareus or similarly sized species for awhile now and was wondering if you guys knew anywhere that has been having them come through lately?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back