NOVA special on PBS on 4/3

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
Someone posted on the yahoo ceph list that there's a PBS special on cuttles, particularly camouflage, on April 3 2007:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/camo/

Is NOVA shown internationally?

Anyway, looks like a good show...

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Looks great! I'll certainly record this.

abanko

Hatchling
Registered
Hooray! I'm glad my Yahoo! post helped get the word out about the NOVA cuttlefish program! (You can usually order the DVD program for $20 (USD) after the program's first airing.)

Cheers, Amanda

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
:welcome: to TONMO, and thanks again for posting that to the yahoo ceph list!

BTW, I noticed that it's on the HD PBS channel as well, at least in Los Angeles!

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
I really enjoyed the special

Thanks for posting! In addition to other things, I did not know that there was a poisonous squid or that the Flamboyant (sp) also has a toxin. I wish it would have been longer though.

I was also glad that they emphasized the short life span but it was still kind of hard to look at the female after it went to the lab :cry:

Neal was also suitably impressed and I expect him to start looking for eggs to try again :wink: .

Michael Blue

Wonderpus
Registered
Yup, I'm one of several new members pressed on by that show. I've been a long-time fan of Ceph's, but only recently found this site.

I had no idea the striped-pajama squid was toxic, and it's good they tested the flamboyant, with that species being unfortunately collected.

I ordered my copy, and I wish I could replace my VHS "Incredible Suckers" with DVD as well, but I guess I'll have to convert it myself at home.

I'll have to check out that list posted above; I'm sure I've missed other good programs!

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
It said at the end of it that you could order the DVD online for $20, I think. I don't remember if it was wgbh boston's web site or PBS...

Looks like there's a "buy the video/dvd" link here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/camo/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Girliness

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak