NOVA special on PBS on 4/3

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Someone posted on the yahoo ceph list that there's a PBS special on cuttles, particularly camouflage, on April 3 2007:

NOVA | Kings of Camouflage | PBS

Is NOVA shown internationally?

Anyway, looks like a good show...

Hooray! I'm glad my Yahoo! post helped get the word out about the NOVA cuttlefish program! (You can usually order the DVD program for $20 (USD) after the program's first airing.)

Cheers, Amanda

:welcome: to TONMO, and thanks again for posting that to the yahoo ceph list!

BTW, I noticed that it's on the HD PBS channel as well, at least in Los Angeles!

I really enjoyed the special

Thanks for posting! In addition to other things, I did not know that there was a poisonous squid or that the Flamboyant (sp) also has a toxin. I wish it would have been longer though.

I was also glad that they emphasized the short life span but it was still kind of hard to look at the female after it went to the lab :cry:

Neal was also suitably impressed and I expect him to start looking for eggs to try again :wink: .

Yup, I'm one of several new members pressed on by that show. I've been a long-time fan of Ceph's, but only recently found this site.

I had no idea the striped-pajama squid was toxic, and it's good they tested the flamboyant, with that species being unfortunately collected.

I ordered my copy, and I wish I could replace my VHS "Incredible Suckers" with DVD as well, but I guess I'll have to convert it myself at home.

I'll have to check out that list posted above; I'm sure I've missed other good programs!

It said at the end of it that you could order the DVD online for $20, I think. I don't remember if it was wgbh boston's web site or PBS...

Looks like there's a "buy the video/dvd" link here: NOVA | Kings of Camouflage | PBS

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back