[Non-Ceph] Bits 'n Pieces

Squidman said:
OH MANN! What idiot would steal a fossil? It's a rock!

hey Phil, Big Kev, Andy, you see what Squidman wrote ? :mad:

Just a rock !?

Andy, yes it's one & the same & the dummy who wrote "dinosaur" also stated 3 metres, not 30 - derbrain ! :roll:

Yes, just a rock

spartacus said:
hey Phil, Big Kev, Andy, you see what Squidman wrote ? :mad:

Just a rock !?

:goofysca: (sensing hostility...)

What I was so confused about was why the thieves would want a completely unique ROCK. I mean, they couldn't sell it! It would be tracked down. Don't thieves go for MONEY anyway? Sure, that trilobite is valuable, but it couldn't be sold and displayed.

Hmmm....I wonder what was unique, if anything, about that particular trilobite? Those things are quite common from the Dudley area, and even feature on the towns coat-of-arms. Maybe it was a prize well-prepped example rather than a unique specimen.

Anyway Andy, glad to know it has been recovered. As you say Squidman, it seems a strange thing to steal, though that is assuming the kids who stole it knew what they were taking. May they were just opportunists, grabbing whatever came to hand?

relax Squidman, you are in no danger (yet).
apparently the Dudley bug was deemed to be gay & therefore benefitted from a council grant in order to demonstrate it's sexuality publicly thus making it unique amongst it's kind (unless it's "partner" is found)

Keef

Hmmm......the Sexuality of the Trilobites. There has to be a research project there for some budding phd student - it'll give them something to do after all those German Penguins.

Unfortunately Phil, the Dudley Bug is not as common as once it was. The authorities at Wrens Nest nature reserve where many of them came from do not approve of the likes of us bashing away to free more of them and they are now difficult (though not impossible) to come across. Haven't heard what species was involved as there were a dozen of more found there. For those not familiar with Wrens nest its an isolated hill of Wenlock age Silurian reef limestone surrounded by carboniferous coal measures situated in the middle of the town of Dudley near Birmingham UK and was famed for its well preserved crinoids, trilobites, brachiopods, corals and cephs which were found when the limestone was mined to support local industries in days gone by.

All the best

Andy

You guys all sound very informed... this is the first i have looked into the fossil section (though i have been posting in other sections for more than a year!!! My only experience with fossil was cracking open rocks on a school camp to find fossilised ferns and some other little plant bits and pieces!!! (and buying a nautoloid fossil from the market!!!lol)

G'day Oscar, Andy & Phil are Tonmo's equivalent of the Encyclopaedia Britannica online & bathe regularly in a giant vat of Omega 3, Kevin is a man mountain in order to transport his huge brain & hammers. I'm just so full of it even my eyes are brown.

Keef

You're too kind Keef - Omega 3? the only thing I bathe in is Imperial Leather. Good luck with the Liopleurodon hunting.

Andy

PS I hope there isn't another Andy lurking out there wondering why I'm replying to this! :oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back