New here

Anne Benolkin

Hatchling
Registered
Hello Everyone!

My name is Anne and I'm a Master's degree student in Alaska. I'm doing my thesis research on Octopus cyanea and my advisor suggested I join the community because it is a great resource. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Welcome and thanks for joining, @Anne Benolkin! You have a very wise advisor. :biggrin2: :grad:

Looking forward to your contributions!

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
:welcome: Anne! You make two new students in one week. I did a little academic name dropping on her introduction so I will direct you to @Spirula 's thread for an incomplete list of some of our human resources. I had to laugh when I saw you were working on O. cyanea while studying in Alaska. My immediate thought was that you are hoping to work in some winter trips to Hawaii for your studies :wink:

Anne Benolkin

Hatchling
Registered
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes I am in David Scheel's Lab. My research topic is looking at body patterns and ways of analyzing them. I have it laid out more eloquently on this site if you are interested in learning more.

https://sites.google.com/site/bodypatternsofoctopuscyanea/home
https://sites.google.com/site/bodypatternsofoctopuscyanea/home/interobserver-bias-scoring

My clever plan of being able to do my research in warm water was foiled by the fact that I can do everything necessary working with photos and videos. I did however get to travel to Brazil to learn more about my methods from a collaborator there.

GPO87

Sepia elegans
Staff member
Welcome to Tonmo! Travelling to Brazil for methods... the tough life of a Master's student! ;) haha. Well, I hope that this research will allow you to do a bit more travelling to get more hands on experience! All the best with your Masters degree.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branane

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards