New Cephalopod Fossil Forums!

Discussion in 'Cephalopod Fossils' started by tonmo, Dec 22, 2010.

1. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

I am pleased to announce a new set of forums to better support cephalopod fossil discussions on TONMO. The structure was proposed by TONMO Staff member and Fossils Moderator Kevin Bylund (Architeuthoceras), which I promptly approved and implemented.

Here is Kevin's description of the new forum structure. We'll be working to put old threads into their rightful places. THANK YOU Kevin! :notworth:

--

The Cephalopod Fossils Forum Category on TONMO.com is being sub-divided into the following sub-forums:

1. General fossil cephalopod discussions: a place for general discussion, statements or questions regarding cephalopod fossils. Taphonomy, Biostratigraphy, paleoecology, and paleoenvironment as pertaining to cephalopods also belong in this forum.

2. Ammonoids: For discussions, statements or questions regarding ammonoids

3. Nautiloids: This forum includes all externally shelled cephalopods other than ammonoids

4. Coleoids: Belemnites, Squid, Argonauts, Spirula, Octopus or any other internally shelled or non-shelled cephalopod fossils.

5. Soft part preservation: Fossils showing the preservation of the soft parts of cephalopods. This can include fossils from any of the 3 groups above.

6. Non-ceph: Some pertinent discussions on fossils other than those of cephalopods

7. Fossil cephalopod ID requests: This is the place to post photos or descriptions of fossils you need identified. We will try to identify your fossil or at least point you in a direction that can lead to an ID.

8. Collecting trips and field work: Tell us about your collecting trip, a journal of your field work, or a conference you attended. Announcements of future meetings or questions about a well known locality.

2. Hajar

Hajar Haliphron Atlanticus Registered

Good plan!

3. Terri

Terri Sepia elegans Registered

I agree!

4. Architeuthoceras

Architeuthoceras Architeuthis Staff Member Moderator

Great Tony, thanks, this should make thing a little more organized. :grin:

As you can see, Tony has already moved some threads into their rightful forums, hopefully he will leave a few for me so I can move them when I get home from work. If anyone sees a thread that would be better in a different forum, let me know and I'll move it. Also, if you would like a thread renamed and put in a different forum I think I could manage that. Hope you all like the new layout. :heee:

5. tonmo

All yours Kevin - thanks again! :thumbsup:

6. Phil

Phil Colossal Squid Supporter Registered

Absolutely excellent. It's really well organised. Some absolutely stunning and occasionally unique stuff has been added recently; now much easier to find. I really should pop by more often.

7. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

This is a wonderful breakdown that should help a lot!

Yes, Phil, pop by more often!

Nancy

8. tonmo

Please do Phil!!

9. cuttlegirl

cuttlegirl Colossal Squid Supporter Registered

Great idea. Yes, Phil, you really should stop by more often, lots of good stuff here...

10. Architeuthoceras

Architeuthoceras Architeuthis Staff Member Moderator

That would be great! :grin: