Net Breeders

Discussion in 'Cuttlefish Care' started by muskox, May 22, 2007.

1. muskox

muskox Blue Ring Registered

Hi! I am planning on getting a cuttlefish soon and wanted to know something. When you first get a baby cuttlefish do you keep it in a net breeder or a display box or something like that and where do you get one? Thanks.

2. Paradox

Paradox Haliphron Atlanticus Supporter

net breeder.. Most fish stores carry them.

3. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

I found one that is about 1.5 times larger than the standard net breeders and has several dividing options. I am using the two I purchased for both the 5 baby Mercatoris octos (with divider) and the two baby bandensis (without dividers but with a piece of live rock) and am very happy with them. They give much more room for the little guys and the netting is holding up better than the slightly cheaper local variety. I am not sure if this is the same person I purchased mine from but it is the same net: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Aquarium-Fi...tcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

4. Paradox

Paradox Haliphron Atlanticus Supporter

Nice find..That would have saved me a lot of time. Ive made custom ones before. Works great, but not as neat as those!

5. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

I am going to get a couple more. I don't anticipate needing more than two at any given time (but then I bought 2 thinking I would have a spare) and I could probably find some kind of netting to replace any rips but :roll: ...

6. Sam

Sam Pygmy Octopus Registered

What size does the net breeder usualy have to be for about 5 bandensis hatchlings?