• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Net Breeders

muskox

Blue Ring
Registered
Hi! I am planning on getting a cuttlefish soon and wanted to know something. When you first get a baby cuttlefish do you keep it in a net breeder or a display box or something like that and where do you get one? Thanks.

I found one that is about 1.5 times larger than the standard net breeders and has several dividing options. I am using the two I purchased for both the 5 baby Mercatoris octos (with divider) and the two baby bandensis (without dividers but with a piece of live rock) and am very happy with them. They give much more room for the little guys and the netting is holding up better than the slightly cheaper local variety. I am not sure if this is the same person I purchased mine from but it is the same net: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Aquarium-Fi...tcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am going to get a couple more. I don't anticipate needing more than two at any given time (but then I bought 2 thinking I would have a spare) and I could probably find some kind of netting to replace any rips but :roll: ...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back