need to know everything about keeping and octopus

sharp_occie

Hatchling
Registered
hey guys, i have been looking around tonmo for about a day now and i really want an octopus :mrgreen: (probably get if from octopets). i dont know anything about them but am willing to put in the time and of course the $. i would like to know everything that i need to start up an occie tank just the basics though. thank you in advance.
-sharp

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
:welcome: Read up on our Ceph Care Forum and you should find any and everything you need to know!!! Questions are always welcomed!!!!

Carol

sharp_occie

Hatchling
Registered
i was just lookin on nano-reef.com to talk about my nano reef and i saw a picture of an octopus in a 5 gallon nano. the man who owned it said it was a reef octopus and it had been in there for 2 years. is there such thing or is this person doing something very wrong?

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
got a link?

dwarf octos normally only live for 6 months not 2 years and a 5 gal would be far to small for anything bigger... i'd argue it was too small for a dwarf too ;)

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Recently someone who had kept dwarf octos suggested a 30 gallon tank for them - 5 gallons seems far too small.

As for info, be sure you look at articles on the Ceph Care page - click on the Ceph Care button above. You might start with the Equipment List and the Checklist.

Nancy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branane

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak